I doubt that leaky gut affects the digestion of raw vegetables--it might
create uncomfortable symptoms like bloating/swelling, etc.  I've been GF
for over 5 years and just had a followup intestinal permeability test (last
one which showed severe leaky gut was 2 years ago).  My gut is no
longer"leaky" (yippee!) and I still cannot digest salads fully--I can see
the pieces of lettuce are undigested.  I have never like oils on my lettuce
so I always eat them plain--dressing cannot be the culprit either.  I was
relieved to hear so many others had the same problem and I'm going to try
the Beano route!!

Vicki