On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:16:48 -0600 Judith Murray Griffiths
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I used rice dream to make ranch dressing from the dry
>mix and it didn't thicken like ranch dressing should.

I tried using it to make pudding mix and all I got was a gloppy mess that
never did thicken.  Don't know why or what it needs to thicken.

I've seen suggestions before about using cookable vanilla pudding mix and
soy milk as a substitute for using in pumkin pie, but don't remember the
proportions off hand.  Since I can't have the whipped cream (my favorite
part), I'll just forgo the whole thing this year :-(

Kathy