Here is a summary of the responses I received to my question about allergy
medicine now that ragweed season is here.

I received 7 responses.

One was for Drixoral.  She was using it - successfully, but had not called
the manufacturer to check on its gluten free status.

The other six responses were for Claritin.  I called the manufacturer
(Schering) and they confirmed that Claritin is gluten free.  I have been
using it and so far it has worked for me.

I hope this helps someone else.

Debra
Long Island, New York, USA