I read something recently about surface water in mountainous areas being
very mineral-rich, and populations from those areas being more healthy.
 I'll have to go look it up.

John Pavao

 >  I've been drinking distilled water for quite a while now.

My first impulse was to say that distilled water is technology-based and
hardly in keeping with the paleo diet. But most hunter-gatherers would have
had only surface water to drink, and that water would probably have very
little mineral content. So, maybe distilled water is a reasonable modern
approximation to taking drinking water out of a stream or lake.

Bill Dooley