I seem to have the opposite problem!friends and family make such a big
deal about my dietary limitations they start to make me feel like a
freak. I am perfectly comfortable with what I can and can't eat after
all it is far better than having symptoms!!! I'd be lying if I said
that I never look longingly at a box of doughnuts but I have gotten
really good at baking stuff that I can have and what with the
availability of all the great products that are on the market today I
have no long lasting complaints.  My friends are just horrified that I
have to live with such a restrictive diet and I sometimes get
imbarassed by the attention they call to it  ( have one friend who
feels the need to anounce to world "oh she can't have that it will
give her dioreha ) I could just stuff a doughnut down her throat!) .I
really haven't run into many people who just fluff it off
Laura