Hi,
I was asked if I would provide a summary on my question
about Miracle Whip.  It was accidently/innocently
substituted for mayo in tuna salad and I had a monstrous
reaction.

Dennis
                   S U M M A R Y
THE WET STUFF:
1. Use Mayo
2. Use Hellman's

3. RECOMMENDATION: Use Marzetti's Old Fashioned Slaw Dressing.

4. OPINION:
   Marzetti's is Great Stuff!  The potato salad made out of their
   recipe is better than deli.
THE DRY STUFF (Starch/Modified food Starch):
1. Mystery ingredients that may or may not contain
   gluten in any particular day's production.
2. Impossible to determine where their starch is obtained in the
   miracle whip.
3. Some modified food starch comes from rice and corn but there
   is also some from wheat, maybe even barley.
4. From one batch to the next, anything with modified
   food starch potentially is contaminated with gluten.

5. RECOMMENDATIONS:
   a. Eat at your own risk.
   b. Ingredients change without warning.

6. OPINION: Apparently these additives are there to improve the
   taste and texture of the tuna.
THE FISH STUFF:
1. Contains HVP - "hydrolized vegetable protein" and/or
   "vegetable broth."
2. MOST of the tuna sold in the United States and SOME of the
   tuna sold in Canada contains HVP/Vegetable broth.

4. RECOMMENDATION:
   a. Always check the tuna.
   b. Buy Chicken of the Sea Low Sodium Tuna.
   c. Buy Star Kist Low Sodium Tuna.
   d. Buy Tuna that is only packaged in spring water.
   e. Check the label on EVERY can.
   f. Some brands seem to have different ingredients in every batch,
      and different batches end up commingled on the supermarket shelf.

5. OPINION:
   HVP/Vegetable Protein - Mystery ingredients that may or may not
   contain gluten in any particular day's production.
THE COMPANY - KRAFT
1. Kraft will not guarantee/respond to queries about any of their
   products GF status.
2. Kraft will no longer produce GF lists.
3. Kraft personnel are quite rude when questioned on GF status.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. NEVER buy Kraft products
2. Over a year ago, Kraft gave assurance that suspect ingredients
   were GF. Writer realizes the confirmation was a long time ago.
OPPOSING VIEWPOINT:
OPINION:
1. I have been using Miracle Whip with no observable reactions.
2. It is my belief that Miracle Whip is still GF.
3. Lack of a reaction is not a guarantee that the food is GF.

QUERY:
1 Let me know if there is hard evidence supporting Miracle
  Whip's non-GF status.