After reading Andrew E. Stevenson"s long and informative post, I was
struck by the number of people who reported frustration with doctors who
were at best uninformed, and at worst didn't take the patients seriously.
I hope that every person who has such an experience with a doctor and
later was diagnosed with CD by another doctor will take the time to let
the first doctor know about the later diagnosis, and tell the doctor
about his/her frustration at their treatment and misdiagnosis. There is a
chance that the doctor might learn something from this, and be better
able to help some other patient to come along in the future.
Sherill Roberts
McMinnville, Oregon