On Jun 06, 1996 15:38:54, 'Jean Jasinski <[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

>One of the treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome is take Vitamin B6.
>Presumably the increase in the incidence has something to do with the
>depletion of B6 from our diets.

The effect of B6 is to raise the threshhold for detection of pain. I have
Medline references on that somewhere. I don't know whether it also lowers
touch sensitivity.  So it doesn't halt the damage itself. Short of surgery,
exercise routines sound like something to also be doing.

               Kemp Randolph
               Long Island