Because I was unable to obtain ANY commercial formulation of doxyclycline
without ingredients I react to (see post on 5/21 "Difficulty of finding GF
drugs") I was forced to find a compounding pharmacy which made capsules
from the "pure" drug (plus lactose and I never react to lactose).

I have been getting a very strong DH reaction to this.    The pharmacist
said  the drug has "87% activity"  which he interprets to mean that it has
about 13% inactive ingredients which are left over from the frementation
process.    These could presumeably contain some of the feedstock used
which might well contain grain.

What might be the reaction if a celiac had to take such a drug intraveniously?

It seems to me that this is a very serious problem which needs to be
addressed as soon as possible.

By the time you need the drug it just too late!

Jim Barron
Chapel Hill   NC