I have also recently found I have blood in the stool.  My Internal Med Doc said
this is common for people with Celiac and/or malabsorption syndromes.  Since I
had a sigmoidoscopy performed 2 years ago with negative results, he said not to
worry about it.  I've never had a colonoscopy performed,  and am wondering if I
should pursue this any further, or, except his medical advice.  He is not up on
the current Celiac info.

 I am 35 years old, and other than being anaemic and having low magnesium
levels; despite supplementation, I am in good health.

Could one of the Docs please comment on causes for this, if this is common for
Celiacs, and if it warrants further investigation.  Your comments are
appreciated.

Colleen.