A query to Procter & Gamble (800-492-7378, The Procter &
Gamble Company, Public Affairs Division, P.O. Box 599,
Cincinnati, OH 45201-0599) concerning Crest toothpaste
elicited the following response:

June 16, 1995

Thank you for contacting Procter & Gamble. We appreciate
your interest in Crest and welcome the opportunity to answer
your questions.

Crest contains no gluten. Making sure our consumers are well
informed about our products and their benefits is an
important goal at Procter & Gamble.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us. I hope this
information is helpful.

Sincerely

Karen Lubbers, Consumer Relations