The technical staff at Procter and Gamble in charge of Crest toothpaste
(phone 800-543-7270) just told me that all forms of Crest, in all of
North America (incl Canada) are gluten free.  I had been concerned about
this since Julie May posted a note saying that one of the Canadian Celiac
groups stated Crest was not GF.

The staff-person promised to mail me a formal letter to this effect, and
I will post it when it arrives -- this could take a week to arrive,
though.

As we all know, many companies make claims that are sincere but
ill-informed.  I hope this is not an example of such a claim.  If anyone
has ever tested Crest with the home gluten test kit, could you please
post the results?  Thanks

Bill Elkus