I bring up the advanced find dialog with the key command
control+shift+f. I tab through the dialog and fill out the fields I want
to search on, such as text in the subject line and/or a sender. I then
press enter and use the F6 key to get to the list of messages that meet
that search criteria. I think I have to hit F6 twice to get to that
list. Note that this is with Outlook 2016, but I used the same method
with Outlook 2013.

--
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail