Hi,

I got the following information from another list and wondered about
members' thoughts?

     Jeanne

If you are a screen reader user and also a user of the Mozilla

Firefox web browser, please pay close attention to the following

information.  Do not update to the soon to be released Firefox

57.

This upgrade represents such a significant technical and

performance

change that it's going to be known as Firefox Quantum.  The

changes in

Firefox Quantum are designed to improve the speed and security of

the

browser.  This, unfortunately, also impacts on the user

experience for

screen reader users, most screen access software is completely

incompatible with Firefox Quantum and those that still function

will

exhibit a serious deterioration in performance.  At this stage,

the

National Federation of the Blind access technology team, VFO and

NV

Access are all recommending that users switch to using Firefox's

Extended Support Release (ESR) version in order to have the

latest

browser security features and to avoid 57 until it is suitable

for

use with screen readers.

You can

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/>downloa

Firefox ESR here.

<http://blog.freedomscientific.com/2017/10/25/important-informati

on-for-users-of-mozilla-firefox/>Freedom

Scientific Statement on Firefox Quantum

<https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-halloween-2017-edition/

>NV

Access statement on Firefox Quantum

Eric Duffy

Director of Access Technology

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2401 | [log in to unmask]

<https://nfb.org/

National Federation of the Blind

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind

Facebook

     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice

Twitter

     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind

Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members

and

friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's

blind.

Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives

they want.