Hi all,

I have an HP Envy desktop running Windows 8.1. This computer has been a
major pain in my neck ever since I bought it 3 years ago. I am on the verge
of giving it the sledge hammer treatment, but before I do, I want to try
formatting it and starting all over. I have never done this before and am
wondering if anyone can tell me what I need to have on hand before
formatting it.

I backed up all files I wish to keep and I have CD's for the programs I want
to put back on here.

I have my Windows product key.

What else do I need?

River, with a sledge hammer close at hand.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]