Hello all,

This is rather hard to explain so bear with me.  In the past 6 months, a number of web sites where I would go no longer seem to be easily readable online.  Jaws keeps reading all the html code, at least I am guessing that is what it is.  So I started downloading the page as a text file.  I get the html code in the file but can easily skip it.  Recently the text file will contain a string like /u2019 for apostrophes, dashes & quotes.  I either have to do a replace all on these strings or put up with hearing them read.  So, any ideas on how I can get Jaws to stop reading the html code on web sites and / or get the downloads to stop having these strings appear instead of some punctuation marks?  An example of the web site I have this problem with is the Dear Prudence column at:  http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence.html
or any article from Slate, www.slate.com

I am using IE 10 & Jaws 13.

Thanks,
Sherry Wells