Have you run into this message when you try to delete some things?  I have a program that I can download and translate youtube videos into MP3 and haven't used it in a while but recently updated and it is working again, and there are some originally formatted versions of those videos that when I try to delete it says that I need admin rights to do so and I don't have permission to delete from the folder that they are located in.  I even tried creating another folder for this and still no luck.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Julie A Adkins
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [VICUG-L] administrative rights?

Yes, this also works for me when I get errors about administrative rights on people's computers.  It doesn't make sense to me since the user has admin rights. An example this week was Firefox wouldn't let me install an older version. It gave an option to open the file as admin, but wanted a password that does not exist. I closed Firefox, right clicked on the Firefox icon, and chose run as administrator. Then it worked. Of course a keyboard user would use the application key to get the shortcut menu to pop up when you are on the icon.

Julie Adkins
Assistive Technology Trainer
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
704-516-6617