Property rights indeed Daffeh, but I was asking about the amendment to Schedule 2 in 2001 on a different point, and that was why I stated "Whilst we are on Schedule 2, what do you think about the indemnity clause inserted in the Schedule?". I was simply soliciting your thoughts on the amendment to the Schedule.

Schedule 2 precluded any amendment of its provisions but that did not stop the government from amending it in 2001, a whole four years after the Constitution came into force. The larger point here is that we are dealing with raw political power and that these legal shenanigans would unravel post APRC. I think this was what Demba was insinuating in his earlier reaction to you. It is also the reason why the PPP should have asserted its rights in the Courts regardless of outcome as there has to be some kind of settlement in the future when the playing field is levelled for all residents of The Gambia to freely invoke their legal rights.

LJDarbo