Phil, wow, I haven't heard of this condition.  The Lord will be with you through all of this.

earlier, Phil Scovell, wrote:
First, happy 137th birthday Colorado.

My appointment with the back doctor wasn't all that encouraging today.  Basically, the x-rays they took today, plus the physical tests they did, revealed my lower back is telescoping, that is, the vertebras are all pressing downward.  As they  do, they are pressuring the disks which in turn are spreading out, slipping to the sides, and coming in contact with nerves which creates the pain in all the various locations.  The pain changes from the lower back, into my hips, back of my legs, and all the way down to my ankles.  Each back episode, creates pain in multiple places but not the same places each and every time.  Also, the pain level my be from mild to severe.  They do not recommend surgery because it would take a number of fusions of the vertebras to repair the damage that is ongoing.  They are recommending physical therapy in order to learn ways of exercising to the point the vertebras pull back from each other further and thus creating less pressure on the disks.  In short, learn to live with it.  I was hoping it would be a single set of vertebra that could be fused but that isn't the case.  The pain episodes will continue but hopefully, with the PT, not as often and the exercises can be continued at home and should help keep things in better shape; maybe.  At some point, if the PT is helping, I can go back and get shots in different places of my lower back to help with pain management, if it gets unbearable, that is, but only time will tell.  Learning to live with pain is going to be the name of the game.  At least now I know.  Certainly not as encouraging as I would have hoped but knowing is better than not knowing.

Phil.

Satan Has A God Complex
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com

John