Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:36:21 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [G_L] Standing Against Injustice:Review by Professor Saine
To: [log in to unmask]

Yero
I will depart a bit on the Dr Saine review. It is human folly to make errors of judgement, some calculated, others accidental. Dr Janneh's error in joining Jammeh is well argued and elaborately written about. In the stage of the game we find ourselves in, his efforts are commendable today than, Dr Saine regurgitating what has been said over and over.
The review is not radical neither unexpected. The case at hand seems to be focusing on the person of Dr Janneh and his mistakes...Dr Janneh paid the ultimate price for that. He was imprison for a long period and went through a painful ordeal, I belief that is a reconpence for giving Jammeh the benefit of the doubt. Many in his place would have kept quiet and has continued to do so.
Dr Saine's review of Editor Mbai's book was more interesting if you ask me. That book is nearly impossible to review. I started to read it, but couldn't go anywhere. Hence when I saw Dr Saine's review of it, I was flabbergasted to be honest. Dr Janneh's continued efforts should be encouraged and others too trying to formulate agendas and organisations that can create formidable fighting point. The intellectual battles will be fought, but they are more about clashes of egos to those that will yield meaningful headway.

Thanks
Suntou