******************************************************************************************************** Join the African Association of Madison, Inc. for $25 per year. Mail check to: AAM, PO Box 1016, Madison, WI 53701 Phone: 608-258-0261 -- Email: [log in to unmask] Web: www.AfricanAssociationofMadison.org

Attend AAM's Annual General Meeting at 6:30 pm on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at the Urban League Center, Madison For Updates and AAM Board Elections.

AAM New Year's Eve Gala starts at 7:00 pm on Monday, December 31, 2012 at the Sheraton Hotel, Madison. Tickets Now on Sale.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Nana Asante <[log in to unmask]>
To: Dzigbodi Akyea <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2012 8:00 AM
Subject: MOMMY!

Mommy! Could you please send the message below to AWA/AAM by this afternoon pleaaaaase?

Hello Aunties and Uncles!

I hope all is well, even as I hear that Madison is already becoming the freezer that it is known for at this time of the year. I really and truly miss the warmth of the African community and hope to see you all again soon.

I write on the eve of Election Day not to ask you to vote, but to respectfully urge you to please take the time to cast your ballot for President Barack Obama tomorrow.  Since September, I have had the pleasure of working 7 days and 60+ hours a week as a member of President Obama's campaign team here in Durham, North Carolina.  This experience has enabled me to be immersed in the day-to-day, background, and most intricate aspects of the campaign -- both the good and the bad.  Because of this, I say with the utmost confidence that I have never been more staunch in a conviction than I have become about the fact that President Obama deserves and has rightfully earned another term to serve as the leader of this country.

I came across a quote early in the campaign by Rev. Dr. Howard John Wesley, which stated, "When you vote, don't vote for what you're against, vote for what you are for..." So for these next 48 hours, I ask that you free your mind from Mitt Romney's entire existence. Tomorrow is not about him. It is about equality, honesty, compassion, competence, and humanity --- it is about President Barack Obama and doing your part to ensure that he is re-elected for the second term that he deserves and has earned.

And, if you're thinking that your vote won't matter or isn't important, it does and it is.  Wisconsin is currently a swing state, and your vote will help ensure that tomorrow, it is blue for our President. We need you. I rarely beg, unless I need something from my parents, but today I am begging you...on behalf of our President.

If you're unsure where your voting location is, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:

https://www.barackobama.com/lookup?msg=gotv_tmw&start=11_04_mid&end=11_05_mid&gclid=CPm9pND8t7MCFRRbnAodbDEA9g

And in case you find yourself asking, " What has President Obama done in the past four years?" Ask no more...

http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Love,
--