"What They See Is What They Will Be"
News from the 100 Black Men of Madison, Inc.
  April 2012
Greetings!

Area Students Prepare for Upcoming African American History Challenge Bowl - 14 April 2012

The 18th Annual African American History Challenge Bowl (AAHCB) will be conducted 8:30 a.m., Saturday, 14 April 2012, at the Doyle Administration Building of the Madison Metropolitan School District.

The 100 Black Men of Madison African American History Challenge Bowl is an educational program designed to enhance the study of African-American history.  The Challenge Bowl is open to all Madison-area students with the goal to encourage pride, self-worth and an appreciation of the African-American legacy and culture.  It also is a challenging and fun way for students to expand their knowledge of African-American history in highly competitive local and national competitions.

The chief authority for the AAHCB is "The Negro in the Making of America" by Benjamin Quarles.

Cherokee Heights Middle School was the repeat winner of the local competition last year (pictured above).

2nd Annual Outstanding Educator and Mentor Appreciation Breakfast - 19 May 2012

Today, within the context of our community, there are few actions more important than the education of African American children.  In concert with our Mission and Values, the 100 Black Men of Madison seek to recognize those educators and mentors who have demonstrated an extraordinary sense of humility and a strong commitment to continual improvement based upon a fundamental motivation to inspire student success.

On Saturday, 19 May 2012, from 8:00-10:00 a.m., at Quarles & Brady LLP (33 E. Main Street, 9th Floor, Madison, WI 53703), the 100 Black Men of Madison will host its second annual Outstanding Educator and Mentor Appreciation Breakfast.

At this event, those who have made positive differences in the lives of children will be recognized and celebrated. Please consider nominating an outstanding educator and outstanding mentor.
	* To nominate an Outstanding Educator, please click here.
	* To nominate an Outstanding Mentor, please click here.
	* To register for this event, please click here.
100 Black Men of Madison, Inc. Annual Golf Outing

The 100 Black Men of Madison cordially invite everyone to join us for a wonderful day of golf on Monday, 30 July 2012, at The Legend at Bergamont in Oregon, Wisconsin.

Gather your friends, family and coworkers and join us for a fun day of golf to support the 100 Black Men of Madison as we strive to provide mentorship to our youth in Madison and Dane County!

The format is a four-person, best-ball scramble.  Prizes and awards will be given for low-gross teams, longest drive, closest to the pin, hole-in-one, $10,000 putting contest, and more!  Individuals and teams are welcome, and non-golfers also are invited to attend and support this event at the Awards Dinner.

This golf outing is one of our signature events!  This fundraising event helps support all of the 100 Black Men of Madison's endeavors, such as our Youth Mentoring Programs, Back-to-school Picnic and Backpacks for Success giveaway, and scholarship campaigns.

COME OUT AND HELP US SUPPORT OUR YOUTH!

To register for this event, please click here.
100 Black Men of America, Inc. 26th Annual Conference

The 100 Black Men of America will convene its 26th Annual Conference 13-17 June 2012, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia. The 100's global network of members and youth will join and celebrate "The 100 as One: One Vision, One Voice."

Networking and learning opportunities with mentoring experts, educators, leading entrepreneurs, and corporate and nonprofit executives will be available. This annual conference is open to youth, their parents, community neighbors, friends and supporters of the organization.  The 26th Annual Conference will be hosted by the 100 Black Men of Atlanta, 100 Black Men of North Metro, and 100 Black Men of South Metro.

For more information and registration details, please visit http://www.100blackmen.org/events.aspx.
Calendar of Events

CLICK HERE to view the entire 100 BMM
Calendar of Events.

April 2012

Leopold Elementary School Reading Program

100 Black Men of Madison Membership Committee Meeting

12-15 April 2012
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. Regional Convention

African American History Challenge Bowl

Orchard
Ridge Elementary School Reading Program

African American Achievement Team at La Follette High School

Leopold Elementary School Reading Program

25-29 April 2012
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Central Regional Conference

100 Black Men of Madison Board of Directors Meeting

MISSION

The Mission of the 100 Black Men of Madison, Inc. is to improve the quality of life within our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all African Americans.
VISION

100 Black Men of Madison, Inc. seeks to serve as a beacon of leadership by utilizing our diverse talents to create environments where our children are motivated to achieve, and to empower our people to become self-sufficient shareholders in the economic and social fabric of the communities we serve.
VALUES

100 Black Men of Madison, Inc. is committed to the intellectual development of youth and the economic empowerment of the African American community based on the following precepts: respect for family, spirituality, justice, and integrity.
CONTACT INFORMATION

100 Black Men of Madison, Inc.
P.O. Box 787
Madison, WI 53701
E-Mail | Website
Now Accepting Articles & Photos We are currently accepting stories and photographs for future issues of "What They See Is What They Will Be."  Please submit your stories and event photos for consideration.  Submission does not guarantee placement in this publication.

Stories should be 200 words or less and electronic photos should be 300 DPI or better in .JPG format (NO SCANNED PHOTOS).  Include captions for each photo (who, what, when, and where).  Photos without captions WILL NOT be considered.
Submit your stories and photos (with captions) to [log in to unmask]

Floyd Rose, Ph.D.| PO Box 8577| Madison| WI| 53708-8577