Rashidiki, sorry for interrupting your Happy Hour. You do not have to respond while at the counter, you know. By your rambling, my guess is you were at your 4th round of Mad Dog and Vermouth. Let's talk when you are sober and that is never. BTW, what happened to Gross Domestic Product? I missed reading your emissary messages from Obama, Tumaini, Kanore, Wade, Yaya, Edwards, etc. See you in Atlanta in July. You watered down Mandingo. I'm aspiring for Grade A, USDA Certified (the old stock) and FYI, I am a Karanding at the source - Mandinka Morri - Kayes version and not your late night ad. Last I checked, you Na Salone Bobo from Matru Djung. Anukwale!

Joe

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:52:23 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [G_L] Fwd: Gambia says 70 pct of food harvest failed, seeks aid
To: [log in to unmask]

No Giuseppe I didn't miss your friggin point. To show you that I didn't,

[-----Original Message-----  From: Joe Joe <[log in to unmask]>  To: GAMBIA-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent:
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:41:25 -0500  Subject: Re: [G_L] Fwd: Gambia says 70 pct of food harvest failed, seeks aid
Sidiki, I think you missed my point. When has food aid gotten to the people that need it?] GJS.

I have no idea my friend. I suppose you'll tell us now. And then you can tie that nugget of information in with your call for witholding food aid to Gambians.

[A good chunk is consumed right in the Banjul area in homes of the connected.] GJS.

Connected to what??? FYI, Most food aid that is not delivered properly to those in need ends up in the wrong hands, being wasted at the port, stolen for resale by unscrupulous persons, or in the hands of government's own petty thieves and their families.Giuseppe, the proper delivery and value of aid, no matter the kind of aid, is dependent on both the donor of the aid and the recipient of the aid. Whether or not that recipient is the intended party. When a community of people plead for aid, and you wish to help them, you not only give, you make sure your gift goes to the one who requested the gift from you. How can you give to someone and not ensure that he/she receives your gift????????? Is that a PDOIS kinda gifting?

[All these years you don't know that food aid in Africa seldom reaches the people they claim to feed.] GJS.

Yes. And who is to blame for that??????????? And what does that have to do with asking Good Samaritans to withhold food aid because the needy voted for Yahya????????????????? You see what I'm talking about Giuseppe don't you? And what does any of this have to do with Giuseppe's relationship with his God?????

[No, I am not in the business of blanket excuses either.] GJS.

Blanket excuses?? What're you talking about men??

[None was put under duress to vote for Yaya.] GJS.

The duress was want of food and farthings. You remember what the Bible teaches about Gifting don't you? You will also remember that in Caesar's Rome, Mark Anthony suggested he had come to bury Caesar not to praise him. That is because Anthony fulfils his compact with his God regardless of Caesar's crimes or predilections. And for the mender of souls, that is most exalting. For Jesus healed the sick and fed the hungry, even as they planned his crucifixion.

[They wanted the trinket or what they think they can get, with the help of a mediocre opposition. Their situation is the same as their cousins in Senegal. How come the same people, and one group refused to be corrupted and to rise up, but the other group love to be corrupted.] GJS.

This was what I meant by your frustration getting the better of you my friend. Here you lament the conscience and decision matrices of a needy people. You almost forgot about your own soul and salvation. Did not the Lord Jesus die for your own sins???

[At some point, a people must stand up for what they believe, and currently, our people are in love with trinkets.] GJS.

I understand my friend. That still has nothing to do with helping them when they say they are hungry and need your assistance. For all you know, they may not even be hungry. But that is not of concern to you, the giver of food. And this is true whether they are Gambians, Americans, French, Libyans, Sudanese, Australians, or in Jammu and Kashmir.

[I am encouraging you to allow folks to bear their own cross, that is the only way they can save themselves.] GJS.

You and I bear Jesus' cross in his stead. And Jesus encourages us to bear our brothers' and sisters' crosses. That will be good for you and me.

[That trinket business is what is also creating the fiasco that is happening within the UDP and other parties with the circus that is the National Assembly elections. In Gambia, it is all for self. Again, not a bag of sand should be sent to feed the corrupt class.] GJS.

Giuseppe don't you see how your heart is hardened??? The UDP and the other parties are not asking you for food aid. And if they do, I will encourage you to assist them if you are able. No matter the confetti. The problem with declaring the needy as the corrupt class is that there will undoubtedly be varying degrees of corruption among the class. And as they keel over from want of food, they go down with some of your own defense to corruption and illness.

[It looks like you have also gotten tired of philanthropy. :-)!] GJS.

No. I'll never tire of philanthropy when I'm able. I certainly will never discourage my fellow man from philanthropy when he/she is able. For Ky's sakes Giuseppe, don't you see how callous you're becoming?

[How about putting your hat in the ring for 150 bags of rice? You can add some oil too, for they need it.] GJS.

You don't get it do you? Let me list for you the 3 points for when you're solicited for food aid:
1. Give if you can.
2. If you desire not to give, Do not actively urge your fellow man/woman NOT TO GIVE.
3. Never attach a condition to gifts of food, water, and life-sustaining organs.

Giuseppe, are you the US organ donor list?????????? If you are not, please consider registering. I want to continue your admirable pedigree.

[What happened to your love for Bangusta and the accompanying music?] GJS.

Bangusta, bangusta, schmangusta. You lost me here Giuseppe. You're not referring to Jengfann and Ballero are you? Hep me out brother.

[Rashidiki, Kana Battandy.] GJS.

I'm proud of you Giuseppe. Your mandingo is getting better. Ikanang batandi. No need to emphasize on the t's and the last syllable is truncated. Giuseppe you just don't know what you're missing with your half-hearted effort to learn the glorious mandingo language. I might waive my fee for PDOISards and afford you tutelage au gratis Giuseppe. You have demonstrated good effort in learning the language. Lemme know lemme know. I'll tell you what.. In exchange for teaching me Jola or Njago, I will teach you mandingo. Scout's honor!!!!!!!! Please don't try to justify or explain away these and those extremes of yours. You and I will remain the best of friends if you join me in attenuating global good.

Haruna. Why can't you be like Laye or Ky? Nevermind nevermind!