Thanks for sharing Phil.  I couldn't agree more that our relationship with God the way some of us grew up, was based on what we did and/or din't do, though we'd never admit to it.  Doing those things we thought were required out of a real eagerness,  and ernest desire  or hunger for the things of the Lord puts everything in a different light.  I don't read and pray on a strict regime either.  Just talking to Jesus, I can do at any time anywhere.  Healing bring amazing results in our lives.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Phil Scovell
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:09 PM
  Subject: What I've Learned So Far

  I am writing some things to post on my website but for now, the biggest thing I have learned in the past 10 years is not to try and work so hard on improving my relationship and walk with the Lord.  That's what I said.  It was a religion to me for most of my life to work at being the best Christian I could be for the sake of getting closer to the Lord.  That's our real goal, isn't it?  I mean, we all want to get closer to God, thus, that means working at it.  I've discovered just the opposite in this last decade.  I don't pray an hour a day and literally read 40 chapters of the Bible each day as I once did.  I haven't had a prayer list for several years because my mind and my thoughts are my prayer list.  Whatever comes to mind, I pray for immediately and not long glowing religious, thees and thous, types of prayers.  I have learned, the less I work at it, the easier it becomes.  Think back to my healing experience I entitled, Christ on a Bicycle, or I can post it hear again.  That innerhealing experience changed something in me I simply cannot explain.  Yet, if you talk with me on the phone, you'll get tired of me just talking about Jesus, my buddy, all the time.  He is all I'm interested in these days.  When I hear people say, as I so often have in the past, Jesus means so much to me, I often wonder what they mean so toss some of those things in when you post because I enjoy hearing them.

  Phil.

  I Was Perfect Until I Met Jesus
  www.SafePlaceFellowship.com