> [...]
>add-in is available at no cost to users, helping to
>meet the DAISY Consortium’s commitment to provide equal access to
>information for all members of society.
>
>“Our work with the DAISY Consortium and Save as DAISY for Office 2010
>are key elements of Microsoft’s ongoing
>investment in accessibility” said Rob Sinclair, chief accessibility
>officer, Microsoft.  “Talking documents open up a world
>of words for people with print disabilities at home, work and in the
>classroom.”
>
>E-Learning Consultant Norm Coombs (<http://easi.cc/>EASI) shared: "In 1972
>I published a history book, "Black Experience in America".
>I wrote it on a typewriter, and being blind, made lots of typos. I had it
>edited and exchanged emails with the editor
>till she was happy with the manuscript. Â But, being in print, I couldn't
>read it myself!
>
>In the late 1980s, I used a scanner and got an electronic version as a
>plain text file. Â But 200 pages with no chapters
>or headers was long and tedious. Eventually, I gave it away to Project
>Gutenberg which eventually had someone put
>out a Web version including some chapters and headers.
>
>With the arrival of the Save as DAISY add-in for Word, I had an
>inspiration. I used the 'cut and save' feature in Internet
>Explorer and pasted it into Word, now I had a document with paragraphs,
>headers, and chapters providing basic navigation.
>The add-in let me save a DAISY version which I now have on my pocket-sized
>DAISY reader. The document may not be
>'publisher perfect', but I now can read my book in a format with chapters,
>headers and the ability to both skim and move
>around as easily as if it were a print book!"
>
>By being able to navigate content in the same way a sighted reader can,
>people with print disabilities can consume
>information at the same speed as other people, making them more
>competitive in school and in business.
>
>Download the Save as DAISY add-in from the DAISY Consortium website:
><http://www.daisy.org/project/save-as-daisy-microsoft-word-add-in>http://www.daisy.org/project/save-as-daisy-microsoft-word-add-in
>
>Post your comments and feedback to the Save as DAISY add-in forum:
><http://www.daisy.org/forums/save-as-daisy-microsoft>http://www.daisy.org/forums/save-as-daisy-microsoft
>

>Kind regards,
>
>Varju Luceno
>
>Director of Communications
>DAISY Consortium
>

>---
>
>You are currently subscribed to save-as-daisy-microsoft-test as:
>
>To unsubscribe click here:
><http://lyris.daisy.org/u?id=153594540.9e679b0ef4a837da4403a0d51671fa39&n=T&l=save-as-daisy-microsoft-test&o=40266657>http://lyris.daisy.org/u?id=153594540.9e679b0ef4a837da4403a0d51671fa39&n=T&l=save-as-daisy-microsoft-test&o=40266657
>
>(It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)

  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
It's never too late to become what you might have been. George Eliot
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve
Norman Coombs [log in to unmask]

Making Online Teaching Accessible: Inclusive Course Design for Students
with Disabilities by Norman Coombs published by Jossey-Bass Oct 10,2010
http://www.josseybass.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470499044.html

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<