Nice eulogy Coach accompanied with a very touching poem.

Thanks for sharing.

Yero

There is no god but Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW) is His messenger. Fear and Worship only Allah alone!

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Eulogy for Journalist Lamin A.Darboe by Sam Sarr
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:58:36 -0800

Eulogy for Journalist Lamin A.Darboe

Author: Sam Sarr | Date: 21-11-11 | Topic: National News

Exactly one year back, news came that journalist Lamin A. Darboe passed away when his car plunged into the sea. When the news broke, I was one of those who flatly denied it insisting it could not be true. However, as things became clearer, I accepted the stark reality that our colleague and friend was no more.
What made Darboe's demise so tragic was that it could have been prevented. Yet it was not.

As such we are left wondering why the right thing was not done to save the life of a young man who had so much to give to humanity.
Above all, we find it so hurting and striking that help did not come forth when Darboe raised a hand signalling prompt action in that decisive moment, while trying to swim to safety.
He understood that his life was precious. It was out of this awareness rather than fear of death that made him to break the windscreen in an attempt to spare his life; a life he completely loved and lived intensively.

We mourn your demise
Yet we celebrate your life
We miss your physical presence
Yet we feel your ever present spirit of brotherhood
We are sad that your selfless service came to an end
Yet we are happy that you leave a legacy
You were a mortal man
Yet your legacy remains immortal
You are being shrouded by the dark grave
Yet you shine amid the sheer darkness
Darkness threatens to consume our world
Yet your ideals and the ideals of so many upright men continue to light the world
You can no longer speak with us
Yet we hear your clarion calls
Calls calling us to the path of virtue
Calls calling us to see meaning in something greater than ourselves
You faced mammoth challenges
Yet you gave your all to humanity
For humanity you toiled and moiled
Yet you chose obscurity
You embody the spirit of service
Yet you remain unsung
In the face of adversity
You showed us the path to opportunity
In the face of raging storms
You gave us courage to weather them
In the face of gathering clouds
You gave us endurance to buck it
In our darkest hours of despondency
You gave us hope to see us through
In our moments of doubt
You gave us abiding faith
In times of trouble
You gave us strength to move on
In times of uncertainty
You gave us wisdom to see right

"True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.