Gambia: GAMBIAN IN UK CALLS FOR THE EXPULSION OF MRC GAMBIA!
GAMBIAN IN UK CALLS FOR THE EXPULSION OF MRC GAMBIA!

As He Reacts To Deep Throat’s Jammeh HIA/AIDS Cure Piece!

Medical Research, Drug Trials Scandals and Their Consequences in Third World Countries and why MRC SHOULD LEAVE THE GAMBIA NOW! -- GROSS HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES & INJUSTICES IN UK

By Louis Bass, UK.

 Tel: 07932960664/ 07529992730

Email: [log in to unmask] (Please, use lower case/ small letters)

This is a “rejoinder” to the article of the so-called “State House Insider” titled “THE TRAGEDY OF THE AIDS CURE” [In The Gambia] featured on Freedom newspaper dated 18 January 2011.

I sure am a very quiet and private person and that’s why I have been quiet for this long without having commented on, among other issues, the aforementioned thought-provoking but completely misleading article by the so-called “State House Insider” but it is time I stopped being quiet.

A BIG question is being asked as to whether the so-called Medical Research Council (MRC) should have been allowed, in the first place, to have established their Medical Trial, or shall we say Research Council (MRC) in The Gambia, our Mother land, since 1945 making it 66 or so years this year?  I would (have to) leave this question to be answered by fellow Gambians.

I thought it would be worth noting, by readers, that albeit I have never been a contributor (i.e. writer) to/for any of the many Gambia-related online ‘newspapers’, I have occasionally observed with keen interest some of the write ups and so this article is nothing short of ‘baptism of writing’ not the least because I particularly have never been a keen or good writer and that’s why I have always steered clear.  On this occasion, however, I simply can’t afford steering clear or to be quiet irrespective of how I might come across.

In that, I was, and still I am quite, to say the least, baffled and equally concerned, if not appalled, that everybody, it seems, was and still is--in spite of President Jammeh been able to have done in seventeen (17) years and still is doing loads of developments that former President Jawara (let the candid and honest truth be told) had not been able to do thanks NOT to his egocentric sheer greed but some of his henchmen he had, inexplicably, clung to and everything been repeatedly said to have been in the ‘pipeline’ for thirty years--too busy ranting about his, President Jammeh’s, supposed short comings in regards to what he, President Jammeh, should have done for The Gambia and Gambians in the past 16 or so years he has been in power to an extent that none, including but not limited to those so-called Diaspora Gambian Professors and the equally so-called but seemingly tribalistic Human Rights Lawyers cum opposition leaders  like the GMC’s Mai Fatty -- who should have known better and yet chose to be indifferent to my plight as a victim of UK’s gross Human Rights abuses/violations -- by shunning me, perhaps because of my being a member of a-considered-by-him-inconsequential and/or inferior different tribe to his Mandinka tribe – take note readers again that I don’t, in any way or form, as not all mandikas are tribalist, have a problem with them, mandinkas, as evident in the number of many Mandinka friends I have– which, Mai Fatty’s indifference, has since given rise to the hypothetical but extremely-serious-and-important question: “Will Mai Fatty really be representative of my interests if he were to become the president of The Gambia?”  The answer is, he never will!  This, tribalism, was one of the problems that drove me out of The Gambia in the first place.  So, it goes without saying that the usually fuelled-by-tribalism-African Politics, -- irrespective of who, Tribe-wise, is in power, -- is one of the many problems in Africa that the so-called west and the equally so-called International Community need to fully comprehend.  If only they, the west, had been able to fully have this comprehension of African Politics, hopefully they would not have unfairly, if not illegally, meddled with the triggered-and-fuelled-by them Ivory Coast crisis.  They, the west, sure would have had to listen to the likes of His Excellency President Jammeh and the former South African President, Thabo Mbeki, to name two, who, Mr Mbeki, had recently written a pensively lengthy but a widely read and circulated article published in US-based Foreign Policy Magazine condemning not only the “installation” of Ouattara as the Ivory Coast’s President but also, wittingly or unwittingly, vindicating President Jammeh and his from-the-word-go condemnation of such interference in Ivory Coast by the west as well as his, President Jammeh’s, stance in trying to avert such crisis which, crisis, now made many in some, if not most, quarters including but not limited to both aforementioned leaders, Presidents Jammeh and Mbeki, justifiably fearing for the future of Africa.

However, I am convinced that the Ivory Coast crisis and the somewhat  illegal forceful change of government could have been avoided, if not averted, if only the Chairman of ECOWAS, Nigerian President, Jonathan Good-luck -- who I will now urge or, better to say encourage, given that certain ECOWAS member states do not have any leverage, and are therefore not revered, to influence the so-called outside world, to spear head, with immediate effect, the formation of a non corruptible, independent, apolitical and/or non partisan Committee I would call: West Africa Human Rights Abuse Select Committee with its acronym, I would suggest, being called “WHARAC” to fiercely fight for and defend the Human Rights of its subjects/citizens in the Diaspora in the event of any, inevitable, Human Rights abuse being meted to them/us in the Diaspora --  had spoken out against the so-called west and the  equally so-called International Community in no uncertain telling-off terms against such interference in Ivory Coast by them, the West, and not (President Jonathan) been, with all due respect to him, seemingly pusillanimous or perhaps being just biased against President Laurent Gbagbo when he, President Good luck, should have been neutral in his position as the ECOWAS Chairman.

I will also not proceed further regarding Medical Research Council’s (MRC’s) illegal presence in The Gambia and gross Human Rights abuse in UK without scolding the mainly rhetorical UK based Gambia Coalition for Human Rights who should have been mainly concerned about the welfare of Gambians in the Diaspora and defending us against Human Rights abuses in the west including but limited to UK only, as opposed to (only) fighting against supposed Human Rights abuses in Gambia, could be captivated by the aforementioned thought-provoking but appallingly misleading article by the so-called “State house insider” in question titled “THE TRAGEDY OF THE AIDS CURE” [in The Gambia] either because of sheer irresponsibility or because of the inevitable attention, if not controversy, their responses would generate thereby ruining, perhaps, their chances of being sponsored and/or holding international positions some day.  Otherwise, why the heck have they all been quiet when they are better qualified and positioned to have spoken out in no uncertain terms in condemnation, if not in damnation, of not only the so-called “State House Insider” in question’s diatribe against the person of President Jammeh but also of MRC’s presence in The Gambia and their illegal, evil, unethical, unmonitored and immoral medical research (in The Gambia)?

Let us now go deeper into the crux of the matter (i.e. MRC’s presence in The Gambia).You can rest assured that I have very much been aware of the emphasis on the need to be always timely in journalistic activities and I know how crucial it would have been in the journalism world for me to have been timely with this ‘rejoinder.’  However, I am not, I must say, a journalist.  I am just an observer and a good Gambian Citizen at that and my role here is to set the record straight regarding the aforementioned misleading article by the “state house insider” in question irrespective of the time that had already elapsed, -- and hence my having quotation-marked, throughout, the word “rejoinder” to indicate my being untimely with this write up, -- as certain issues, especially when they are as (thoughtfully) provocative as these, cannot go unanswered and/or uncommented on and that’s why I decided to write this to, as I said, set the record straight.

To begin with, It goes without saying that the “state house insider” in question should have, and he/she is ought to have, known better or at least to be more informed than the average most of us Gambians, home and abroad, but that, clearly, did not appear to be the case.  Otherwise he/she would not have written and featured such terribly thoughtless misleading stuff on freedom “newspaper” on the above mentioned date of 18 January 2011 about supposed HIV/AIDS treatment in The Gambia being tragic.  Rest assured again that I have no evidence to categorically state and/or suggest that MRC have indeed been engaged in HIV/AIDS or so treatments in The Gambia as the so-called “State House Insider” had stated.

Nevertheless, it has to be emphatically, bluntly, categorically and unequivocally stated in no uncertain terms that MRC, even though they have always been in the habit of admitting to and “treating” “patients” in their “Hospital”, is neither a licensed hospital of any sort or form nor a clinic of any sort or form to have been providing “treatments” of all sorts or form for the masses – Gambians and non Gambians alike.  And as such, it was and still is wrong, misleading  and very shallow minded of the embarrassing and disgraceful “state house insider” in question to have actually said it is because of President Jammeh’s HIV/AIDS treatment that had supposedly made MRC refrained or withdrew from treating HIV/AIDS patients.  The “state house insider” even went as far as alleging that it’s because of the false believe theJola people in the Foni have in President’s Jammeh’s HIV/AIDS treatment that they have now been engaged in promiscuous behaviour especially, the “state house insider” further alleged, during some of their festivals called FUTAMPAF.  While there is no evidence to substantiate these wild claims and/or allegations by the “state house insider”, I would not hesitate to put it to him/her that he/she has seriously but somewhat ignorantly contradicted his/her views when he/she appeared to have suggested and/or opined that only MRC, and nowhere else in The Gambia, seem to have what he/she called: “The right equipments” (for, I guess, HIV/AIDS treatment) as if to say, suggest and/ or imply that with the “right equipments” in possession by someone , they should be able to treat HIV/AIDS as he/she has earlier contradictorily stated in his/her so-called above mentioned article by having stated and I quote: “people with the disease are now left with the option of either seeking Jammeh’s fake cure or going to one of the under-equipped government clinics.”  The “state house insider” did not even proceed long before further contradicting him/herself again by saying in the subsequent paragraph and I quote: “Medical practitioners on the other hand are scared to say that there is no cure for HIV/AIDS and the result has been very high rates of HIV/AIDS prevalence in the Fonis.” How doubly self contradictory and ignorant is this statement by the so-called “State House Insider!”

In fact, it has to be emphatically said that if MRC were to be found to have been engaged in such practices of treating not only HIV/AIDS patients--- but other patients with other diseases as well -- as the “state house insider” had stated, then they (MRC) should and would be held responsible.  It is worth noting that MRC licensed or not, as already alluded to above, is mainly a medical research/trial institution or council, as they prefer calling themselves, who should never have been allowed to be in The Gambia or any other country in the first place never mind to have, since 1945, been using The Gambia as a HUB for such reckless but illegal, unlawful, unethical and immoral Medical Research.  This, Medical Research by Medical Research Council (MRC), like all other similar practices of Medical Research/Drugs Trials, is a very lucrative practice or, better to say, business that can obviously be said to be synonymous to gold being struck or  to any forceful occupation of an oil-rich country for such unethical and unmonitored medical research/trial activities which, unsurprisingly, have since been extended by them (MRC) to as far as Cassamance, the Senegalese southern province region where people, with all love and due respect to them, are less informed and thence to the neighbouring impoverished Republic ofGuinea Bissau where its people are even, to say the least, appallingly informed and completely oblivious to everything around them not to talk of the inherent insidious danger in such medical research/trials.  In light of this, I am asking thePresident of Guinea Bissau to refrain, with immediate effect, from any entente or so he and his Iranian counterpart may have already entered into in order, understandably, to” treat” up to “hundred” HIV/AIDS patients, as has recently been reported in most public domains, due to inherent danger in such immoral medical practices and unknown intents Iranian people might have and/or harboured in such HIV/AIDS “treatment”.  The safety and security of this vulnerable group of people might not be guaranteed and even if, hypothetically speaking, it can be guaranteed, it still is not done and/or acceptable as they might be nothing short of guinea pigs as well.

Back to issues about MRC and Human Rights Abuse in UK, although I  have no idea how and why they (MRC) were allowed in The Gambia in the first place to a point of been not only ahousehold name in and around The Gambia but been now able to have affiliations all over The Gambia to having now spread their somewhat evil tentacles to our just mentioned neighbouring countries, I still can categorically say that such medical practices/treatments of various diseases and ailments including but not limited to HIV/AIDS they may have been, ethically or not and with or without consent, according/giving people, as stated by the so-called “State House Insider”,  are absolutely wrong, evil, unethical, illegal, unlawful and immoral.

In that, they (MRC), as a medical research/trial Council (you the reader of these facts or anyone for that matter would be a fool by refusing to twin these two terms ---research & trial), should have strictly confined themselvesthough not in and around our sister or “Trinity” States (i.e. The Gambia, Senegal and Bissau Guinea) to what, if any, they have been licensed to do and not to have been offering treatments of various ailments and diseases to people --  particularly HIV/AIDS patients -- whose permission and/or consents may not even have been sought in the first place never mind been monetarily compensated, as it is usually, if not always, the case in the west and other countries and/or societies considered civilised by them (the west).  And also given that they (MRC) are neither licensed to treat people and considering that they probably have never made such practices of treating HIV/AIDS patients in The Gambia public, as in the case of His Excellency President Jammeh had made his public, except (MRC) to have been doing it somewhat “quietly” or “surreptiously”, the two (i.e. President Jammeh and MRC) can therefore not be compared in any way or form.

If anything, President Jammeh is a man of courage, responsibility, humility and integrity who deserves wholehearted praise and commendation for having not only made his HIV/AIDS treatment public but to have actually been extending that mostly needed and craved ‘human touch’, which, no doubt, has psychological and, most certainly, mental, if not physical, healing effect most of these patients would otherwise not have had from anywhere else.  I am therefore confident and unwavering to say that President Jammeh had, wittingly or unwittingly, helped us Gambians by having momentarily stopped not only the motion of their (MRC’s) ‘guillotine’ but their illegal, unlawful, unethical, immoral, evil, egocentric and—technically-- reckless money-making scheme in the name of  medical research/trial in our country, The Gambia.  Even if, hypothetically speaking, The Gambia were technologically, academically and scientifically well advanced and equally well equipped to have been able to keep an observatory  and inspectorate eye, it still would not, in this day and age, be acceptable that our Country, The Gambia, should be allowed as their HUB for their so-called“patients” and “volunteers” to be receiving their “treatments” and we would appreciate it if they were to pack and leave The Gambia today and its peace-loving people alone though it is worth emphasising and noting that they (MRC) would not be allowed to leave The Gambia until after they have been held accountable for such illegal, unethical and immoral medical research/trial on our suspecting or unsuspecting people since 1945 which may explain why The Gambia’s population has not been growing not necessarily rapidly but just as it should naturally have grown in order to have exceeded the figure it is at today.

The fact that MRC has not been (medical) researching/trialling on animals or plants in The Gambia but human beings from start of any given phase of medical research to finish, should have been an enormous concern to all of us Gambians and that is why it beggars belief that they (MRC) should have actually been allowed in The Gambia in the first place by The Gambia’s senior citizens like the former Gambia President Jawara, as most of us weren’t even born yet when they (MRC) established themselves in The Gambia in 1945 making it sixty six plus years this year.  If they could be doing these to Gambia and its people after we have become a sovereign independent state since 1965, what would it/must it have been like during the dark days of slavery and slave trade right through the entire period of the so-called but evil colonialism?  It is clear that MRC’s continued presence in The Gambia is, at best, nothing short of colonial hangover.  At worst, it (MRC’s presence in The Gambia) can be said to be nothing short of entrenchment of disguised but much more sophisticated slavery and slave trade of both the twentieth (i.e.20th) and twenty first centuries and it is completely unacceptable.

Considering how long it takes a new drug to be brought to market, one can easily see why MRC has been in The Gambia since 1945.  Typically, though I do not know how MRC is going about their research in The Gambia, the process (medical research/drug trial) in the west, takes up to eight and a half years and may be divided into roughly three stages: Preclinical trials, involving animals of—mandatorily--different species and other laboratory tests (lasting one and a half years on average); clinical trials, involving tests on humans (five years).  However, in the sixty six or so years Medical Research Council (MRC) has been doing their evil research in The Gambia, they have never been known to have involved animals in their research.  We do not also know whether their patients, or better to say their guinea pigs, have been informed of their rights and the inherent danger in such research and if so, how?  And we also want to know whether their so-called “patients” and “volunteers’” consents have actually been sought and not just by writing on their website which is nothing short of white wash.

In the West, where rules, Ethics guidelines and/or regulations for clinical trials are strict, before such (medical) research/trials, which are governed by Food and Drug Administration Modernisation Act (FDA-MA) together with local institutional review board composed of Scientists, ethicists, and non Scientists are carried out on humans, after having exhausted their lengthy obligatory or mandatory  tests on different species of animals, as it is crucial and essential, they would first of all conduct a thirty-day safety review to decide whether to allow testing on humans---which, mind you, still has to be on a voluntary basis and with volunteers been adequately informed of their rights and about any possible danger involved in such trials before their consents are obligatorily sought .  So, we, Gambians and friends of The Gambia, would like to know, as the Freedom of Information Act permits and/or allows, whether the same approach had been put in place by MRC in the sixty six or so years they halve been in The Gambia.

It is worth noting, though, that the terms medical research and drug trials, even when said to be bound to be strictly done on animals and/or plants alone, it still should not be trusted let alone on humans and if anyone of you were to ask the people of Peru, in South America, about the plants, or rice to be precise, research that had been carried out in their country by Montana Research Institute, unbeknown to them, they would tell you about the devastating and life-destructive consequences such research had and still have on them.  In that, it could not have occurred to them (Peruvians) that they were nothing but guinea pigs and that the rice been fed to them, in what seemed then like human gesture, was actually Scientific ‘prototype’ rice which later caused devastating and unprecedented but untold suffering to the many Peruvians.  So too if you were to ask the people of Nigeria (Republic), mainly or mostly those in Tudun Wada in central Kano, as the BBC’s reporter Barnaby Phillips was quoted as saying, “They will tell you how [in 1996] they had been hoodwinked into accepting treatment for a different strain of meningitis that were affecting mainly children after they [Nigerians in question] were told by their local radio Stations about the availability of such treatments at the centre of  Kano-based[Medicine Sans Frontier]MSF without [the local radio stations in question] telling them [Nigerians] about the presence of  US drugs company [Pfizer] been embedded in MSF who [Pfizer] were, in fact, the very ones to have offered such ‘treatment’.’’   It later emerged that the desperate parents of the children did not know, until it was already too late, that their sick Children were, in fact, been used as guinea pigs by Pfizer which only became clear after their conditions  had appallingly but irreversibly worsened, as opposed to having improved, leading to death, disfigurement and permanent disabilities of uncountable innocent Nigerian Children and instead of Pfizer apologising and compensating them, they (Pfizer), understandably, have since been in denial of any responsibility, wrong doing or liability.  In light of this, fellow Gambians, why do you think MRC’s presence in The Gambia is justifiable?  Tell me!  You also need to comprehend that these disguised but evil medical research /drugs trials on unsuspecting human beings/victims are not exclusive to Nigeria and Peru only.  This is a menace most, if not all, so-called Third World Countries -- including but not limited only to even the so-called “World’s biggest Democracy” (India) where it is rife largely due to its incredibly enormous population, with the poor being the majority, but partly due to corruption-- are faced with. So, beware!!!

So, it goes without saying again that President Jammeh’s commendable and meritorious public declaration of his HIV/AIDS treatment had not only accentuated MRC’s illegal and unacceptable practices.  It (i.e. President Jammeh’s HIV/AIDS treatment) had inevitably placed MRC under the microscope for public scrutiny and that’s probably why they, as the “State House Insider” in question had stated, had supposedly refrained, though somewhat cowardly, from offering such HIV/AIDS treatments. But their having supposedly refrained from offering such HIV/AIDS treatments is too little too late for them (MRC).

In that, we, Gambians, would, as I stated above, take stock of all our loved ones and non loved ones alike who, dead or alive, had once, wittingly or unwittingly, received such HIV/AIDS treatments and other treatments including but not limited to TB, heart diseases, Hepatises, diabetes, cancer and so on and so forth, from MRC.  This is important so that damages, compensations/reparations can be sought from MRC.  Even if it means fund raising from the rich and famous and other sources to enable affected families and individuals not only take and prove their respective cases in recognised courts of law but to also establish how their loved ones had died and whether or not their organs had been removed/taken without prior consent, we will do just that.  Period!!!

They (HIV/AIDS patients in Gambia) sure would not have been anything short of guinea pigs at MRC where, with surgical gloves and masks worn, they probably would likely get injected with all sorts of research-related potent “prototype” medicines and then being monitored not for improvement but for the resulting effects, usually very damaging and destructive--leading to death--such research medicines would have in their bodily systems.

So, in order words, even if, hypothetically speaking, president Jammeh’s HIV/AIDS treatment was/is only placebo-like, though it’s not, the exceptional but gentle ‘human touch’ he adds to it is, in my opinion, by far better than allowing some evil but unknown chemicals (research-related medicine) being injected into their systems by people who do not and never will, not even in a million years, have their interests at heart never mind care about them as human beings and their wellbeing, except their (MRC’s) personal interests, their affiliates/sponsors (possibly Pharmaceutical companies) and their (MRC’s) true long term beneficiaries outside of The Gambia after the cure they might be looking for in their guinea pigs are finally found/discovered.  Even their (MRC’s) Statement on their home page under the caption“RESEARCH INITIATIVES” in which (statement) they (MRC) wrote and I quote, “The MRC focuses its funding on research areas which makes a difference to human health on behalf of the taxpayer”, says it all.  In other words, it (statement in question by MRC) has echoed, if not affirmed and/or resonated, my constructive argument about MRC being mainly in The Gambia for their interests, their possibly pharmaceutical accomplices in these heinous crimes against our humanity and their long term British (people) beneficiaries as they are the tax payers as clearly evident in their aforementioned quoted statement.  How evil is that!  I have said it already and I would repeat it again that in spite of the hypocritical rhetoric, rant and hype about Human Rights this, Human Rights that and all that nonsense about there been no one above the law by the west, particularly UK, we, as black people, will always continue being seen inferior and less consequential than even animals.  Otherwise, why would a Judge or Judges like Judges Studatt and the ugly shallow minded Commyns of Thames Magistrate Court, in a country, UK, that proclaims to be adherent to the rules of law and respect for Human Rights, stoop so low that they could actually conspire with the police – who (the Police) had repeatedly but racially, after having earlier unfoundedly alleged that I had had previous conviction, asked me as to why I had come to the UK in the first place --  and the probation services, to victimise the innocent, just as they did victimise me, simply because of the colour of my skin/their skins being black and yet get away scot free without being disciplined let alone being punished or sacked?  And yet they dare tell me, unless hypocritically, that “nobody is above the Law in UK. How true is this hoodwinking-like statement about there been no one above the law in UK?  I am asking this question because that (victimisation) was what, out of the blue, happened to me in 2008 when I was suddenly accused of common assault by having allegedly punched a seemingly bigger man than me with my left hand even though I am right handed and even though I did not do it and in spite of it not been proven, given that the police could not tender the CCTVs they said they were going to use as evidence, I still was changed from being a role model I have always been to most people to being not only a criminal but a disabled person over night after been illegally convicted, which is one thing.  But been subsequently given custodial sentence for common assault which was an alleged offence and even if, hypothetically speaking, it were true and had been proven beyond any reasonable doubt, should not even have carried a fine or community service order never mind a custodial sentence as I had been unfairly given it even though I have never had previous convictions or offences.  And as if these unfair but racially motivated treatments of me were not enough, I ended up, understandably through the supposed authorisation of the former PM Gordon Brown’s government, being forcibly interrogated like a common criminal by been asked questions such as: 1.Which Country I did come from? 2. Which year I did come to UK?  3. What addresses in UK I did live in?  4. Whether I had worked for NIA (National Intelligence Agency)—of The Gambia?  And last stereotypical question but not the least, 5. Whether I have ever obtained a loan in this country (UK)?  All these questions, except perhaps the last one (about my finances) which, as I said, was stereotypical and inconsequential, could have been obtained from the Home Office Data given that I am a legitimate resident of UK and a tax payer and National Insurance (NI) contributor and everything about me, like every other legally-resident person in UK, had been documented and yet I was treated like a common criminal and/or a liability rather than asset as that (asset) is what I have always seen and/or considered myself.  It was when I resisted their subsequent similar forceful but unnecessary interrogation of me that I was set upon by uncountable number of officers and gravely tortured almost to death leaving me with whole range of spinal injuries and related complications.  The barbarous treatment of me was clearly a case of a wrong message been sent out there, “That it does not pay to be law abiding.  As long as you are black, and in UK, it does not matter whether you are an asset in your own right, you still will be incriminated, if not tortured or killed irrespective of how highly revered and law abiding you are.”  These are just some of the sheer racially motivated injustices most people, mainly blacks, suffer day in and day out in UK and it is a known fact all over the world. Otherwise, how could President Jammeh have known about all these injustices in the west, particularly in UK, about black people being killed and nothing coming out of it and how alcohol—taken or drunk moderately and responsibly—is by far better than drugs, if he (President Jammeh) has not been a visionary, caring and responsible leader with great wisdom?  And yet he was unnecessarily and maliciously vilified for it even though he was absolutely quite right.  I am aware or, better to say I know, that the critics, sceptics and cynics would probably be thinking or even saying that I probably am saying all these ‘great’ things about President Jammeh and The Gambia because I want some favours.  In which case, you all can rest assured that I am after absolutely nothing except been driven by truth and patriotism and hence the absolute need to feature these information in the public domain in order to give everybody and anybody the opportunity to be aware of some of the unnecessary injustices that are still going on in and around the world particularly here in UK where Human Rights Abuse is worse and mostly against full-of-potential-and-bright-future-ahead young black men and women.

That aside, even if one were to be candid, as opposed to being critical, one still cannot liken the entrenched situation of MRC in The Gambia to the so-called Middle East/Arab world and the north Africa’s despots who are now being hounded by their people thanks to the so-called west being more than ready and willing to help stoke fire, as opposed to putting it out because of their (Arab Leaders’) supposed cruelty and evil against their own people which is false.  The truth behind the fire being stoked is because of their (the west’s) interests and selfishness and as a result of this, it is about time MRC staff reflected on the same viewheld by the very country, UK, they had come from and left The Gambia without any hesitation let alone reluctance or delay. After they have left The Gambia, I would suggest the vast space/land currently occupied by them (MRC), be used by The Gambia Government to, once and, possibly, for all build a much needed state-of-the-art hospital for Gambians to rival any such similar state-of-the-art-hospitals anywhere in the world so that Gambians, like South Africans, would not have to depend on anybody with perverted and twisted ulterior motives or intents for their medical needs and care.  If President Jammeh and his government were to do that—that is to build a state-of-the-art hospital in question for Gambians—it (such accomplishment) would, no doubt, be one of their many great achievements since they have been in power which will almost certainly seal their already formidable record and legacy.  The so-called “state house insider” in question should have reminded him/herself as to the number of times we, Gambians, have heard and read stories of desperately but gravely ill Gambians and non Gambians alike having gone to MRC with acute medical complications/problems in order to be diagnosed and being treated only to end up being signposted by MRC to the very government clinics and hospitals in The Gambia the so-called “state house insider” in question is now trivialising and ridiculing as being “under equipped”.  If the “state house insider” in question was all that intelligent and in the know, as he/she is purporting to be or trying to project him/herself, it should and would have occurred to him/her that MRC has never had and never will, not in a trillion years, have the interest of The Gambia and its people at heart as they (MRC) have been claiming to have (our interests at heart).

Otherwise in the sixty six (66) or so years they (MRC) have been in The Gambia, they would have by now, at least, set up a Trust, a Fund or a Foundation whereby poor desperately ill Gambians and non Gambians alike, as explained above, would not have had to, at best, be signposted to government clinics and hospitals or, at worst, been sent home, just as I have been callously sent home here in UK by NHS Doctors, to die slow but painful death as we have always read and heard stories of that nature about MRC’s antics in The Gambia in the past and present.  Had MRC done that (i.e. to have set up a Trust, a Fund or a Foundation), desperately ill and vulnerable Gambians that had been and continue to go to them (MRC) with complex or acute medical problems/complications could be easily sent overseas for specialised treatment but that, unfortunately, has never happened, and probably never will, which just went and still goes to show that MRC has never had and never will have the interest of The Gambia and Gambians at heart---not, as I said, in a trillion years—simply because of us being blacks and therefore of no consequence to them whatsoever.

Oh, how about the need for MRC to have introduced palliative care to go hand in hand with their medical research/drugs trials on their guinea pigs in order to alleviate their (MRC’s patients/guinea pigs) sufferings as well as End-of-Life Care in The Gambia in the form of hospices either in their “hospital” (MRC) or in one of the government hospitals or, better still, to have built such specialised care places, homes or, if you will, hospital(s) for Gambians, in order to make sure that Gambians, especially their dying guinea pigs, didn’t/don’t die slow and/or painful death day in and day out anymore?  It sure would have been great, isn’t it?  Sure!!  But where are they (i.e. such places in the form of hospices) in The Gambia?  They are nowhere to be found because they have never existed and probably never will. Period!!  All that comes first, as far as MRC is concerned, is profit at the expense of the very people, or better to say guinea pigs, they should have been protective of with love and care but nothing, but their interests, matters to them.  Otherwise palliative care, for example, does not, as we have at least seen in the west, only have to be made available and/or provided after patients have been taken to the hospices.  Palliative care is always needed from when “treatment” has begun and while ongoing.  Whereas hospices, as we all know, is the last stage of ones life where there is no hope and usually hope is not even desired by those (the dying that is) in the hospices but they (hospices) still are very essential and highly needed in any society -- considered civilised or not --  as it (i.e. palliative care) usually go hand in hand with hospices, and so it would have been badly needed as well by their (MRC’s) patients/guinea pigs from when their treatment had begun right to the end of their lives.

It is worth noting, though, that all above questions and statements regarding what MRC could and should have put in place and/or done for The Gambia and Gambians during the donkey’s years they have been in The Gambia are mainly hypothetical and therefore nothing that they (MRC) might have put in place or done would have justified their presence or their being in The Gambia to be carrying out their so-called but evil, unmonitored, unethical and immoral medical research/trial (in The Gambia).

Yes, we, Gambians, might not be able to police what MRC does in our backyard (that is, in our neighbouring countries namely Senegal and Guinea Bissau).  But we sure can certainly police what happens in our country, The Gambia—our Motherland.  As such, I would ask those patriotic Gambians working for them (MRC) to lead the patriotic way in ensuring that MRC leave The Gambia with immediate effect rather than them (Gambians working for MRC ) being more concerned about their families’ bread on the table.  If they (such Gambian MRC Staff) were to decline and/or abdicate such patriotic duties and/or responsibilities, not only will they be knowingly complicit with them (MRC).  They will be letting our country, The Gambia our Motherland and its people down.  However, it goes without saying again that this task of getting MRC out of The Gambia would probably require general consensus, concerted efforts, unified and cohesive force.  These general consensus and concerted efforts can be done in various forms and ways.  One of this would be for each and every one of us, Gambians, to boycott MRC.  This would mean a complete boycott by stopping to go to MRC all together including but not limited only to their Gambian staff.  We can also stop our immediate families and loved ones as well as ourextended families and their loved ones in The Gambia and in the neighbouring aforementioned two countries namely Senegal and Guinea Bissau, whose respective lovely people are of the same umbilical cord and blood with us Gambians, from going to MRC even in life or death situations.

Yes, this, my fellow Gambians, is possible.  There are lots of things that can be done in and for our country if only nobody cares who takes or gets the credit.  We can do it by slowly but surely educating our Gambian people about the possible danger that awaits them at MRC.  We can also educate them about their rights and entitlements so that they will have already been adequately informed and equally aware of their rights and entitlements if they were to insist and/or persist on going to MRC possibly because of desperation while MRC is still being politely, and if need be forcibly, made to pack and leave our (Gambia) shores.

My fellow Gambians, certain things are purely common sense-related and sometimes we don’t have to wait to be told.  I mean, if MRC were a hospital and are that “good”, why is it that theBritish Foreign Office has never advised its subjects/citizens living in or going to The Gambia about MRC being one of the places they can and should go to if and when they were to become ill?  I certainly have never; in the many years I have been resident in UK, heard /seen an incident where such advice has been issued by the British Foreign Office.  Although I have no doubt on my mind that if any of UK’s citizens, white of course, were to be taken ill in The Gambia and had gone to MRC, they would be treated. Of course they would!  However, such treatment would (have to) be first class and it would be second to none purely because of who they are (i.e. colour of their skin).  If it were to be a black man like me, however, they would be left to rot.  And don’t you even dare to start arguing with me because I have been in and still I am in that “a dog is better than a black man” situation.  So, I know better.

Lest some of you/us Gambians forget, then be reminded that MRC is owned by a country, UK or England to be precise, that places even a dog’s well being and rights well above a Blackman’s and that’s why they (MRC) would not even have been allowed to have researched on animals in UK, let alone human beings/people not only because of the so-called animal rights but because of animals being considered by them to be by far better and more important than black people and that is why they are in and around The Gambia thanks to our tolerance or, shall I say, sheer ignorance.

And lest some of you/us Gambians forget again, then we should be reminded again that UK is not France whose Medical ethics and moral knows no bounds or colour (of skin).  Neither is UK America whose strive for medical expertise and excellence is unmatched and unparalleled in the entire world.  Neither are UK Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Holland who, in spite of their supposed (unsubstantiated) racism, do not discriminate based on skin colour.

Alas, was it really a surprise when/that France, for example, had to be chosen as a Headquarter of the World Medical Association which is ethics guidance?  No!  Why?  Because, although France is supposedly or allegedly known for its propensities for overt racism, as opposed to covert racism which, in my opinion, is the worst form of racism practiced by UK or England to be precise, it (France) is a country that believes and practices Liberty, Equality and Fraternity for all.

In another words, their definition of democracy is similar to ours, Africans, which is all about being God Fearing and therefore being able to do what is ethical, moral, and right before God’s eyes.  The same, I must say, is true about their, France’s, definition of good governance which is also similar to ours (Africans).  Which is doing what is just and fair for all irrespective of race, colour of skin, country of origin, creed, class or so. However, I have been resident in UK long enough to know and being able to categorically say that the converse here in UK, is the truth.  This, UK, is a country that does not practice what it preaches.  Neither does it preach what it practices vice versa.  UK preaches and talks about Democracy, Good Governance, Rule of Law, Respect for Human Rights and yet does the opposite.  What hypocrisy and double standards!

     GROSS HUMAN RIGHS ABUSE IN UK/ENGLAND

UK, or England to be precise, is a country or an Island that grossly violates and abuses Human Rights including but not limited to serious torture and murder.  It also encourages impunity, indifference, suppression, intimidation, harassment, nobbling, entrenchment, cover ups, lies, collusion and, to name a few, complicit but always in constant denial even when caught red handed as in the case of the released British Guantanamo detainees who were seriously tortured while in illegal and unlawful detention centres in and around the WHOLE WIDE WORLD, about such evil practices having ever taken place.

Alas, was it really a surprise that one of UK’s top and globally renowned and highly revered and legendary (British) public Interest Lawyers, or Human Rights Lawyers to be precise, Phil Shiner, spoke out publicly and in no uncertain terms about UK being a torturous country.  He, Phil Shiner, was quoted by The Independent on Sunday 2 August 2009 as saying, “We torture people, yet no one admits it.”  So, if you had already concluded that I had made up things, I am sure you will no longer be thinking like that based on Phil Shiner’s statement, who, irrespective of criticisms by some (white) racist fascist about him (Phil Shiner) being a controversial leftist, is a through and through Brit but still human enough, as opposed to being bold or public-spirited, to have publicly made aforementioned damning statement about UK being a torturous country.

UK is a country where, especially, a black man’s or those from the minority ethnic groups’, murder/death or torture, as in my case, can be ordered by its Government of the day and the public not knowing anything about it.  And even when the public becomes aware, they (the UK Government and its so-called authorities) would immerse themselves into all the aforementioned evil practices of cover ups, lies and what have you.  No one knows this better than me because I am a living proof of this indisputable and irrefutable testimony about UK being not only a torturous and murderous country but an evil one at that.

In fact, UK, thanks to the likes of this out-of-touch Prime Minister David Cameron, is probably the only country in the world in this day and age of the 21st century with tier systems including but not limited to judicial/justice systems, Health Service and even the Welfare System with anything and everything considered best, such as first class health care being for them (white) and anything and everything shabby and inadequate, being for black people like me in the name ofrationing NHS’s ((British) National Health Service’s) Meagre Resources and all these discriminations have been exacerbated, as opposed to being ameliorated, by the coming to power of the just mentioned racist, if not criminal and almost freak-like Prime Minister in question in the name of David Cameron who, on the basis of his looks alone, is likely to end up incare Homes in, perhaps, his old age where (Care Homes) he would most certainly be looked after by the very black people he is looking low upon today just because he is still young and in power and he thinks he is invincible.  This racist Prime Minister’s antics could have even been worse had this not been a coalition government with great human beings and moderators like the Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg being part of it.  This (David Cameron) is a Prime Minister who has always had everything on a platter as a young man and has probably never had the need to face the ‘real’ world like most of us did and still do, thanks to his late/deceased former Stockbroker and Estate Agent Dad, Ian Cameron and his former and still-alive Magistrate Mum, Mary Cameron.

In fact, David Cameron may have been growing up accustomed to seeing black people, both men and women, been not only unfairly victimised but being also convicted and/or criminalised that he had become bereft of any human emotion never mind compassion and sympathy and hence his indifference towards the innocent and the vulnerable like me in the society.  Wasn’t it really ironic, if not hypocritical, when he (PM David Cameron) recently wrote in the Evening Standard on Thursday 14 April 2011and said among other hypocritical stuff that he wants politicians more accountable?  If so, why is he (PM David Cameron) not leading the way by being accountable himself?  Or is he trying to tell me his ignoring of the torture on me is accountable of him?  I would need him to answer these questions and I want him to know that I like many people out there, cannot be hoodwinked and/or brainwashed by his sheer hypocrisy and rhetoric.

Alas, was it really a surprise that in 2008, the current conservative party Work and Pension Secretary, IDS ((Mr) Ian Duncan Smith) had to warn him, Prime Minister David Cameron, while he, David, still was just an “ordinary” Conservative Party Leader, as was written on the Guardian News on 10 April 2008, about the need [for PM David Cameron] to respect Human Rights?  No, it was not a surprise!  Because IDS knows full well as to the sort of person PM David Cameron really and truly is and his background.  This warning to the incumbent British PM David Cameron by IDS could not have come at a much better time than when he, PM David Cameron, was hell bent on trying to replace the Human Rights Act [1998] with the would-have-been-discriminatory “British bill of rights”.  After David Cameron having failed in his racist bid to replace the Human Rights Act (1998), he came out announcing that multiculturalism in Britain has failed perhaps in response to my having made that—about multiculturalism been nonexistent—known to him in my correspondences to him.

However, I don’t want you people to get me wrong (with regards to UK being a torturous and racist country). In that, there still are William Wilberforce-like people in UK like the aforementioned Phil Shiner albeit they are very difficult, if not impossible, to come by and that is why it is imperative and essential for the likes of the Archbishop of Canterbury the Most Revd Dr Rowan Williams  to speak with responsibility and authority if and when he chooses to take a rare opportunity to speak out publicly and not about issues that had happened outside of the UK such as the recent slaying in Pakistan of the so-called terror chief of - Al Qaida, Osama Bin Laden when there are so many consequential issues like the grave torture of me by British Government Officials to have spoken openly or publicly about. Not that Osama Bin Laden is any less human.  Just that it is absolutely essential for one to clean ones home first before cleaning someone else’s.  Sure, this kind of attitude of brushing ones dirt under the carpet and talking about others’ is nothing short of an attempt to deflect peoples’ attention from being paid on ones’ dirt and sheer evil otherwise, the British“propagandist machine” (BBC), who I had contacted, would have granted me audience to air my plight but instead refused. But then again what do you expect from people of a given society like UK who, even when they called themselves Honourable and Reverend -- as in the case of the so-called Revd Angus Golbraith, and Officer Ms Jefferson both of HMP Wandsworth who were both present and may have participated during the torture of me and yet being indifferent till to date – would still not care about what other people might be going through.  My case was not an isolated incident in that it (the torture of me) was done under the nose of Home Office under Jacqui Smith before Allan Johnson, Justice Ministry under Jack Straw, Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) under Trevor Phillips (a black man) and, to name a few, the so-called but extremely racist Independent Monitoring Board Officials who were all present and yet did absolutely nothing till to date.  That’s how the British Society is.

Otherwise, why didn’t the just mentioned Archbishop speak out publicly about my plight if he really does care so much about humanity and there is nothing to be hidden?  How about the need for former PM Tony Blair to have dented the budget of his“Tony Blair Faith Foundation” in order to have made the difference in my health and legal needs if he really and truly cares and stands for what his Foundation proclaims or best still, the so-called Glasgow based Trade Unionist/MP Arthur West, who is now purporting to have the interest of Gambians, which I am, at heart and hence his having been part of the equally so-called Glasgow based“The Campaign for Human Rights in The Gambia?”  And in case Arthur West is of no consequence, how about Glasgow Central Labour MP, Anas Sarwar who, instead, should have been more concerned about pressing theWestminster government to address the Human Rights abuses in UK and not in The Gambia as he had told the conference of the so-called aforementioned Glasgow based: “The Campaign for Human Rights in The Gambia’s” rally and completely ignored the above mentioned old saying about the need for one to clean ones house first before cleaning someone else’s.  Or better still Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International whose respective London based Offices in Pentonville road and Shoreditch I had, apart from the many unanswered calls, repeatedly visited in person and been turned away on all occasions by been constantly told they do not deal with individual cases which is easy to comprehend.  In that, by them (i.e. aforementioned so-called rights groups) being representative of groups, it certainly will be mainly rhetoric whereas individual representation like me, will certainly and perhaps inevitably require full hands on approach and possibly finance which might dent their swollen pockets which are only what they care about and nothing else and there is no way the likes of Director of the just mentioned Amnesty International, Kate Allen, who I had made repeated attempts to personally speak to, but to no avail, would refute this constructive argument.

It is clear that I still am here in UK, or England to be precise, because I have imminent legal issues/actions against the British Government.  It is very crucial and consequential that I state this here in case they (British/UK Government) further resort to ordering my annihilation after having survived their above mentioned ordered torture/assassination of me but only just as it (their torture of me) in June of 2008 had left me with serious spinal injuries with all sorts of complications including but not limited to both neurological and urological complications.  Not to talk of the autonomic complications and a dislocated right elbow, change of vision and personality, to name but a few, they had caused me.  In sum, I was only “lucky” not to have had complete Spinal Cord Injury which would have, unquestionably, caused me paralysis of limbs than just the general varying paralysis and numbness all over my body I have been caused.

In spite of this, I since have not, even though I was initially flatly refused immediate medical attention, been told by the so-called NHS Doctors whether or not I have lesion in my cervical, given that my neck, scull, thorax and lumber had all but been almost crushed during their unnecessary but illegal brute against me thereby affecting all my biological wirings during, as I said above, their illegal but unnecessary prolonged torture of me, and whether or not my ED is neurologically or urologically-related. Neither have I been told whether or not my neurons, nerve cells, tissues, my sympathetic/nerve conduction pathway and so on and so forth are intact or not.  Especially in view of the asphyxiation, strangulation, tsunami-c and suction-like feeling and turbulence I constantly have inside me and the excruciating pain in and around my neck, and the base of my scull coupled with my not been able to, in every sense imaginable, feel and look the same as before and the serious reduction of sensation and varying degrees of paralysis or numbness all over my body all of which (symptoms) are very consistent with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) – which I have.   I also have, in addition to all these symptoms, been caused impaired sense of smell and excessively high blood pressure I have since, as I have never had history of high blood pressure before, attributed to Autonomic Dysreflexia (AD) which is medically/neurologically said to be a life threatening complication and thus therefore require immediate medical intervention but I have since, 2008, been refused comprehensive and inclusive diagnosis never mind rehabilitation and/or medical intervention (treatment) by the NHS Doctors.  The NHS Doctors have, from the outset, been more concerned and worried, take not that I have written-and-circulated-among-themselves evidence of this, about the possibilities of me resorting to legal actions against the UK Government and culpable individuals in spite of my having never spoken to anybody about such supposed imminent legal actions, they still refused me full diagnosis and treatment, never mind rehabilitation, so that I would not be able to do anything, legally, before the expiration of the so-calledStatute of Limitations (of three years) to institute any legal action(s).  How evil is this treatment of me simply because of the colour of my skin and how trustworthy can people of these sort/nature be entrusted with one’s health/life in places like The Gambia—a so-called third world country-- particularly when they are working for a research institution like the aforementioned Medical Research Council (MRC) possibly affiliated with sponsors and pharmaceuticals?  They (NHS Doctors) could not care less about the fact that I am a young, intelligent and a once handsome, highly personable, and highly groomed person not to talk of being a once happy-go-lucky and a go-getter type of person to now being a virtual zombie and a house-bound recluse.  All they see before them is a black man irrespective of who and what I am and what I have been.

GAMBIA EMBASSY IN UK & MY GENERAL PRACTICETIONER (GP)

When these racially motivated barbarous treatments were meted out to me, as opposed to having applied law, and not to have taken it into their hands, if, indeed, I had been found to have done anything unlawful, as I hadn’t, I then quickly realised I was no longer safe being in UK and wanted to go straight to Gambia Embassy but I reverted to trusting the very biased and corrupt British Justice System that had in the first place let me down by thinking some kind of justice was going to be done for me and my loved ones little did I know that I was going to be ignored by everyone right across the board including but not limited to the former PM Gordon Brown and the above mentioned racist incumbent PM David Cameron, Black MPs Diane Abbott and David Lammy, my MP, the (facade) Chair of the so-called Equality and Human Rights Commission Trevor Phillips, Keith Vaz the Chair of labour Home Office Select Committee and many others.  Their collective indifferences made me, for the first time, to be fearful for my life and having to be looking over my shoulders anywhere and everywhere I am even though I have never, in the many years I have been resident in UK, had to look over my shoulders to a point that I had to resort to contacting UNHCR—who (UNHCR) sometimes behave in unrest/war zones and/or regions, such as the most recent one in Ivory Coast, as though they are a proxy Army with their sometimes-seemingly-bogus-refugee camps to justify the presence of the frequently intrusive UN and the so-called International Community -- to relocate me to another country as I did not and still do not feel safe in UK and they refused by making a generalised view and/or opinion that UK is a relatively safe country and that they do not have such relocation schemes and/or programs in UK even though they know full well that I have never, since I have been here in UK, as you would expect a law abiding person like me, bent or broken the rules of this Country.  Neither have I ever been involved in any economy or violent crime or to have had any conviction ever since I have been here in UK and that’s why it beggars believe that I should have been treated and subsequently ignored like this like a common criminal.

As a result of all these unfair treatments of me, I, incredibly, still decided to allow the law to take its course so that meanwhile I would be trying to seek medical attention for my above mentioned spinal injuries through my GP which, as explained above, I was flatly refused and not just ‘mere’ procrastination.  My above mentioned GP, who was white, like the rest of his white Doctors colleagues, had been more concerned about my supposed legal actions against British Government I had never spoken to him or anyone about and therefore refused me referral.  I then used my discretion to go to one of the so-called mainstream hospitals in London, UCLH for MRI Scan but I was refused it for reasons unknown to me.  Instead, they (Doctors), after persuading and cajoling them, agreed to give me only an X-Ray  the results of which they said were negative but I refused to be convinced or to accept their diagnosis due to their diagnosis not been consistent with my injuries, symptoms and pain and also due to the previous terrible experience I had once had from the same hospital sometime in 2003 when I went there with what I considered at the time to be only a sprained foot sustained during weekend football and been told, after similar x-ray, that there was nothing wrong and yet went on to be later diagnosed in a different hospital with serious foot injuries when it was already too late for the cast and so on.

As a result of these appalling treatments of me by the above mentioned hospital, I changed my GP and secured a referral to a neurologist, Dr Turner, in The Royal Free (London) Hospital for a ‘second opinion.’  And although, he (the neurologist) was initially reluctant to give me medical intervention, after initial assessment of both my neurological and urological and other peripheral complications, he eventually agreed to give me an MRI but later gave me “skeletal” but trivialised diagnosis by merely saying:”I am pleased to report that Louis Bass’s MRI of the whole spine shows no significant abnormality.  At the T3 Vertebral level there is some hyper intensity suggesting some local degeneration of L3 fall.  Therefore there are some mild degenerative changes but nothing severe.”

Sure, Dr Turner would have known that with time he would stand to be proved wrong but he, Dr Turner, would have also known that he could always, in the event of him being proven wrong, argue that he was right at the time of diagnosing me even though it would have been clear to him that he was telling lies otherwise he, Dr turner, would and should have been more than willing, when I asked him, to have expatiated on his diagnostic report by stating everything he had found other than his aforementioned “skeletal” diagnosis.

I must say, though, that when I received this “skeletal” diagnosis, albeit I am a lay person in medical field, I still was instantly, due to my symptoms, able to know that the diagnosis in question was neither comprehensive nor exhaustive let alone been accurate. Neither was it directive or instructive.  In that, spinal injuries, as most would agree with me, are not like compound fractures or so. Simply because spinal injuries would always almost certainly come with peripheral and/or related complications and been merely told the aforementioned “skeletal” but trivialised diagnosis, without any indication of whether my neurons, tissues, nerves, sympathetic path way, muscles or so are intact.

And if not, which I doubt isn’t the case, why am I exhibiting all these symptoms, as detailed earlier above, which have not been discussed at all and have always been ignored by Doctors Turner and his colleagues whenever I try discussing them?  As a result of these appalling, inhuman, and degrading treatments of me, I became and grew despondent and asked for another referral for a third opinion, and after having sought advice and help from UK based Brain and spine Foundation, I was, yet again, referred to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore) by my new General practitioner (GP).  While at Stanmore to attend my appointment, I was made to sit down like an ordinary guest and been asked all sorts of irrelevant questions , some of which were about my source of income and whether my job/career was going to be affected as a result of these spinal injuries I had been caused.  Not that he, Dr Jan Gawronski MRCP, Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine at Spinal Cord Injury Centre, who was seeing me at the time, had genuinely cared about my wellbeing and that was why he was asking me all these extraneous questions.  Of course not!  In fact, his having sent me home without any independent diagnosis including an MRI or so scan, as that would have been the first step in giving me a second but independent diagnosis and/or opinion, says it all.  To add insult to the injury, I was later sent a letter from the same hospital, Stanmore, inviting me to be one of their trustees which certainly would have been great under normal circumstance but not after been appallingly treated as they had.

He (Dr Gawronski) was asking me aforementioned questions because he was only genuinely worried about the supposed legal actions in question which they perceived were about to be taken by me against British government and that was solely and mainly the reason why he sent me home by saying there was absolutely nothing wrong with me on the basis of what he had supposedly gathered from my answers to his somewhat weird and irrelevant questions and based on the initial trivialised diagnosis I had quoted above.  I was, as you would expect, despondent again and heartbroken.  As a result, I had to ask for a fourth referral and although my seemingly apprehensive new Asian GP was initially reluctant, but with some outside help, I was given a referral to the London Hospital at Queens Square who, ironically, are affiliated with the aforementioned UCLH (University College London Hospital) where (UCL) I had already being effectively ignored by having been told aforementioned lies about there being nothing wrong with my whole spine.

However, since my referral at the just mentioned London Hospital in Queens square over a year ago, I had been systematically ignored as well.  Firstly, the so-called waiting time, which should not have applied, or even if it did, should not have been lengthy, was excessively and unnecessarily lengthy especially in view of the acuteness of my injuries and the time already elapsed.  When I was finally seen, no medical intervention was put in place except been routinely attended to and been merely asked about my symptoms I had already chronicled in detail with other Doctors in other hospitals and had been transferred to them.  I was again given another lengthy appointment waiting period, purely as a way of procrastinating, before been seen again.  When I went back to see the Doctors, it was again a repeat of the same questions about my symptoms and nothing else.  And although I was told an admission for a two-day inclusive and comprehensive examination /diagnosis including thermo regulatory sweat test was scheduled, I ended up not been admitted when it was due because, I was told, there was no need for admission because I was living in and around London which, according to them (Hospital Staff), was not considered far.  However, the tests in question which were not only meant to be comprehensive and inclusive but independent to previous above mentioned diagnosis, were fragmented and inadequate as they were merely a repeat of some of the test I had already done in other hospitals and did not include an MRI or so Scan.  This (i.e. the exclusion of MRI or so Scan), coupled with my having been poorly immediately after the above mentioned thermo regulatory sweat test possibly as a result of over exposure to, God knows what, as I was not warned about any inherent danger about such medical procedure before hand, made me realise that it was no longer a question of mere procrastination.  Rather, I thought and still think, it was a question of (I) being ignored to die and that the tests in question, most of which were a repeat, were mainly stage-managed to make things look better and nothing else and albeit they (Doctors) have always denied this (my being ignored, that is) being the case, I have not wavered.

Nonetheless, I still went back to attend the subsequent appointment that had been booked during my aforementioned two-day appointment to discuss whatever it was I had been booked to discuss with them.  While there, the consultant, Dr Ingle, who has always been seeing me on behalf  of the Head of their Neurology and Neurosurgery Department, Professor Mathias, did not see me and instead instructed his registrar, David Vaughan, who has never been privy to my very complex and painful case/situation to see me and it was not really surprising when he had absolutely no clue let alone anything consequential to discuss with me apart from asking me the usually-asked-of-me-flimsy questions whether: 1) I know the reasons why the so-called tests of my just mentioned two-day appointment were not completed,  -- (as I had explained above as to why such tests weren’t completed) 2) What my expectations were and 3) What I was doing for living in spite of my having been already asked the same question (i.e. my livelihood) many different times.  At this point, however, I demanded to see Dr Ingle himself and asked him (Dr Ingle) as to why a registrar had been instructed to see me instead and whether it was not a case of them being indifferent to my medical needs?  In response, he (Dr Ingle) said he (the registrar) was the person available to see me and that if I was not happy, I could decline [if any] future appointments or go to a different hospital.   And although I was, to put it mildly, shocked by the way in which he (Dr Ingle) had spoken to me with, for the first time, closed eyes, I still asked him why an MRI Scan was not included in my tests and in reply he said that the inclusion of an MRI Scan is not necessarily a guarantee that it would show what my problems are.  I then asked him to say what could then if MRI Scan could not?  He declined to comment and instead angrily said, with maintained closed eyes, that if I was going to insist on one (MRI), then he would give me one.  At this juncture, however, I realised that our relationship was no longer tenable and there is no way I would be able to regain my trust and faith in them (Doctors).  So, as it stands, I still am undiagnosed and untreated due to sheer racism and in any case my trust for NHS Doctors and my relationship with them are no longer tenable.  Simply stated, I would not go under the knife of any Doctor who has not been wholehearted and compassionate with me.  Doctors have to be wholehearted, compassionate and non discriminatory with what they do and that, clearly, was not at all the case.  I have been deliberately ignored (to die a slow but painful death) while my complications are worsening on daily basis.

 PRIME MINISTERS GORDON BROWN AND DAVID CAMERON (the incumbent).

Yes, the illegal forceful interrogation and inhuman torture of me may have supposedly been ordered by former Prime Minister Gordon Brown but I still can say, with all honesty, that he (Gordon Brown) is more human and by far less racist than the incumbent disingenuous, overtly racist and hypocritical Prime Minister in the name of David Cameron.  In fact, no one knows just how hypocritical, insincere, racist and out of touch this Prime Minister is than the Deputy PM, Nick Clegg.  If Nick Clegg had not been a great Human being and an excellent moderator, UK would have been even more divided thanks to this Prime Minister who, apart from having used his secretary to extend his “sympathy”, he did nothing.  However, now that Gordon Brown’s Government is no longer in power, thanks to the now regretful Nick Clegg having chosen the conservative to work with, I hope Ed Milliband, the opposition leader, who is more modest, down to earth and humbler than his elder brother, David Milliband, who (David) would certainly have denied any torture on me having ever taken place, just as he had denied the torture on former Guantanamo detainees having ever taken place before  finally yielding and/or succumbing  to pressure, had I spoken out publicly while they still were in power, would now act on this and prevail over PM David Cameron and force his coalition Government to do me and my loved ones justice.

           LEGAL REPRESENTATION

 Most law firms in UK, particularly those that are owned by black people and other ethnic members are private and legal representations are therefore privately funded and can be costly. The rests of firms with legal aid (franchise) scheme – pro bono, in other words -- and are usually bigger, are mostly owned by white people who always tend to discriminate against black people and other members of ethnic groups which has always been my experience in spite of the many of such white-owned firms I had contacted.  Sometimes, they  wouldn’t even want to talk to me and when they did talk to me and listened to what I had to say about legal representation being sought they will either categorically say they would not represent me and sometimes, they would simply say they are inundated with other cases and because my cases, apart from other two slander and defamation cases, are against the UK Government for the torture on me and the so-called National Health Service (NHS) for their gross professional and medical negligence against me, none of these so-called mainstream white-owned law firms have been prepared to take on my case simply because I do not fit the profile as a black man and not a case of my cases not being meritorious.

However, I have since been able to identify two excellent firms so far that I believe, even though they are white-owned, might be able to help me given the means.  It is also worth informing my sympathisers that there is no much time left, as far as litigation is concerned.  And as such, anybody with the wherewithal and wants to make the difference, including but not limited only to liaising me with and securing me help from the late American spinal injuries victim actor Christopher “Superman”& (also late wife) Dana Reeve’s Foundation in the US, could contact me on the contacts to be provided at the end of this heartbreaking story.  Remember that what happened to me wasn’t accidental.  Nor was it by coincidence or done randomly. It was a result of UK-Authorities-Tailored-Violence-To-Be-Unleashed-Only-On-Black-People like me irrespective of whom and what you are.  So, if it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone of you too, your loved one or someone you know and care so much about because no black person in UK is safe or immune to these rive barbarous treatment against solely black people and there is evidence that it (violence) had already happened uncountable times to innocent black people like me and the late Ibrahim Sey – sorry for reawakening the memories of his incredibly humble and wonderful family—who, Ibrahim Sey, had been put through the same unreasonable but tailored-for-black-people-only violent brute in order to either kill you or reduce you to a zombie-like and useless person and an outcast in the society.  In fact, because of this (Taylor-Made-For-Black-People-only brute), almost any black person, especially men, who has ever come into contact with the so-called British Authorities – whether accidentally or not – would either end up dead or disabled for life. I know people like being indifferent and tend to delight in mishaps like these as well as being hasty to make their conclusions and judgments, just as I was indifferent while I still was in Gambia, though unwittingly, but I had stopped short of being conclusive and judgmental and not putting two and two together when the just mentioned Ibrahim Sey was cold bloodedly killed on 16 March 1996 by UK Police Officers in Ilford Police Station in East London for no apparent reason except sheer racism and yet nothing came out of his untimely but painful death of a young black man with a beautiful—every black woman is beautiful—wife and two lovely Children with everything to live for.  Almost seven years later another innocent Gambian, Kebba “Dobbo” Jobe, who, ironically, was a cousin to the aforementioned brutally-killed-by-UK-police officers Ibrahim Sey in almost the same, if not much more gruesome, style on 15 August 2005 in North London’s Camden Lock in the midst of the crowded market for no justifiable reason(s) except for racist and stereotypical reasons.  This went and still goes to show the sheer lack of respect for us black people in UK, irrespective of who and what you are/were and these disrespectful and barbarous treatment of black people in UK might explain why even the likes of the somewhat-revered-in-UK-former-Gambia-President Jawara could not carry on being/living in UK and had to go back to land of peace and love, The Gambia our Mother land.  I have never, before their demise, met the two above mentioned brutally but racially killed Gambians namely Ibrahim Sey and Kebba “Dobbo” Jobe but I cared and still care about what they had been unnecessarily put through just as I would have cared about any other person out there if they, God forbid, were to be treated in the same way.

I care because this serious but unnecessary torture of me by UK Government has caused me not only grave injuries but also, untold unprecedented suffering and social isolation due to constant fatigue, listlessness, excruciating pain, -- which, pain, has since been attributed, by Doctors, to: “It might be your brain trying to cope with the changes in your bodily system” -- and severe form of changes of personality and agoraphobia all of which make me virtually house bound.  I sure had already been cut off from my Gambian community due to (me) being always shunned by them as a result of the widely held believe—from when I came to UK till to date—about me being still affiliated with my former work place of The Gambia National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and because discipline, humility, self respect and self pride had very earlier on been instilled in me by my wonderful mum, I have always maintained my dignity without having to impose or force  myself on some of those UK based Gambia community who felt I might be up to spying on them or ‘stitching’ them. Nevertheless, this has never been the case for (me) not being sociable.  I have always made and maintained friends irrespective of which country they have come from.  However, as a result of these illegal, unlawful and evil torture-related injuries been caused me and having changed from being outgoing and a go-getter to being a virtual recluse and therefore being, inevitably, lack of regular income to indulge in friendship-nurturing interactions/get-together, visits and communications, most, if not all (of my friends) drifted away thereby leaving me with the prospect of possibly being on my own for the rest of my life without friends or so now that my once well connected biological wirings had all but been shattered during the racially motivated brute in question against me.  How evil is this?

In light of this, I am appealing to the likes of Glasgow based Gambian clown, in the name of Alieu Badara Ceesay calling himself political Journalist, to stop being a disgrace and embarrassment not just to himself but to Gambians at large.  He (Alieu) needs to know that he is either wittingly or unwittingly aiding and abetting not only the members of The Scottish Trade Union Congress and their so-called NUJ (National Union of Journalists) he had sought unnecessary affiliation with but also, the British (Westminster) Government to perpetuate their crimes against some seriously victimised but yet silent UK based Gambians.  That aside, he (the so-called Glasgow based Political Journalist in question in name of Alieu Badara Ceesay) has also been seen in some, if not most, quarters, day in and day out, as nothing less than just that (i.e. a clown).  Alieu Badara Ceesay can rest assured that his affiliates, just like him, are mainly seeking cheap popularity albeit their (Alieu’s above mentioned affiliates’) racist propensities couldn’t be hidden from their faces and for them to be now ceasing the desperately needed opportunity for such hypocritical cheap popularity campaign against supposed Human Rights abuse in Gambia in order to deflect peoples’ attention from being paid on their (UK’s collective) sheer evil is unacceptable and as such, I would ask him (Alieu Badara Ceesay, that is) to, as it still is not too late, start channelling his incredibly high energy to more useful causes such as holding this very country, UK, accountable for their sheer evil and gross abuse of Human Rights and discrimination against not only Gambians but all UK based black people.

I mean, it is clear, based on their (British Government and its so-called authorities’) collective indifference toward me, that if I had been killed in their racially-motivated barbarity against me, like every Blackman’s death in UK, nothing would have come out of it and the truth and facts surrounding the circumstances of my death, if I were to be killed that is, would have been hidden/concealed and the truth and/or the true cause of my death would not have been told or disclosed especially with my shallow-minded but equally racist MP being the one in charge of, among other things, Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates. Otherwise, I challenge the aforementioned trio of the so-called Scottish Campaign for Human Rights in The Gambia namely Anas Sarwar, Labour MP Glasgow Central, Arthur West, Scottish MP/member of Amnesty International and Paul Holleran of NUJ (National Union of Journalists) to get either Amnesty International or Human Rights Watch or best still, Liberty, who (Liberty) are the only seemingly true and credible not-for-profit organisation, to force the racist PM David Cameron and his mixed-with-great-human beings-like-Nick Clegg Government to do me and my loved ones justice given that I am one of the many Gambians, who just happens to be in UK, whose (Gambians’) interest the aforementioned trio are claiming to have at heart. Unless they, the aforementioned trio, do this, they will be knowingly contradicting their stance, positions and/or claims of genuinely having the interest of Gambians at heart.  I would also ask the Foreign Secretary of the just mentioned ‘Westminster’ coalition government, William Hague, to stop allowing himself by being made to look like another hypocrite by PM David Cameron by constantly seizing the moral high ground in condemning governments of other countries like Ivory Coast, Libya Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and many others. Because he (William Hague) and his racist leader (David Cameron) do not simply have what it takes to be preaching good Governance, Democracy, Rule of Law and respect for Human Rights unless if the duo were to first clean their terribly dirty ‘house’, UK, before criticising other people and/or countries.  Period!!

This (the evil but illegal torture of me by British Government) has caused me unprecedented suffering and opprobrium and I am, without hesitation, asking His Excellency, president Jammeh, to intervene at once by, I would suggest though he knows best, summoning the British High Commissioner to The Gambia, David Morley, with immediate effect to account for everything at this crucial point in time.  I would also like His Excellency President Jammeh to ask, with immediate effect, those so-called money-making schemes calling themselves “Rights Groups”, who should have condemned MRC and Human Rights abuse in UK but haven’t, leave The Gambia at once in order to go and clean their respective ‘houses’ first before telling other people, including Gambians, how to clean their ‘houses’.  Although the numbers of UK-Authorities-killed black people are uncountable, I would like to pay my tribute to the UK-Authorities-brutally-killedAngolan Immigrant, Jimmy Mubenga, on 12 October 2010 during his forceful deportation back to his aforementioned native country on board the very flight, BA 77, most so-called westerners were on waiting for takeoff from Heathrow—which (Heathrow Airport) has since been dubbed “Deathrow” due to the uncountable number of killed African deportees there, to go and exploit its (Angola’s) resources and yet they, the westerners on the same above mentioned BA flight, could not care less and had remained indifferent throughout until the last breath was snuffed out of him amid serious suffocation of an already excessively chained, just as I was,  innocent man.  Why?

Anyway, I thought it would be worth mentioning that my trust and relationship with the NHS, as I said above, is no longer tenable and I am yet to get comprehensive diagnosis/treatment of my serious spinal injuries and rehabilitative physiotherapy before being able to know my prognosis.  I hope those reading this sad but could-have-been-avoided situation I had been and still I am put in will appreciate how grave and life threatening my injuries and the peripheral complications are.  I also hope you will realise that everything about our bodies hinge on our respective spinal cords.  So, it is easy to see and/or picture what might happen without immediate medical intervention especially considering the time –almost getting to three years by next month (June) --already elapsed

Once again, anybody with the wherewithal who wishes or wants to make the difference, in kind or otherwise, is free to contact me 24/7/... on either one of my following numbers or on my email below.

Tel: 07932960664/ 07529992730

Email: [log in to unmask] (Please, use lower case/ small letters)

Editors note: The views expressed by the author do not represent the position of the Freedom Newspaper.  This paper will not take legal liability for the author’s views. We do maintain that our dependable source Deep Throat reported the truth, and nothing but the truth. The author’s late response clearly confirm the veracity of  Deep Throat’s piece.  Why responding now? Mr. Jammeh has given false hope to Gambia’s HIV/Aids sufferers. And he is also responsible for the dramatic HIV/AIDS infection rate in the country.  Jammeh is a fake bush doctor. He has no cure for aids. Thanks for your attention.