HI Catherine, how does Audacity differ from Goldwave?  I had been thinking of switching over and where did you get this program?
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Catherine Getchell
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [VICUG-L] Goldwave or other audio editing program help

Hi Jeff,
Not sure about Goldwave, but Audacity, which is also free, has this feature.  After you download it, go to the preferences menu item, and in there is an option to hear the sound output as you're recording from an external source into the sound card.  I've found the latest version of Audacity to be pretty accessible.  Hope this helps.
Catherine Getchell