BlankThe New Living translation of Proverbs 27,19 caught my attention today.
Proverbs 27,19 “As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.”

            What does my heart say about me?  I can say the right things around others; I can quote the verses saying I trust God with my life, but, what does my heart say?  No one can see my heart.  No one knows that in spite of knowing the verses, singing the songs, I often worry.  I believe in God, believe He has a plan for my life and yet my heart would say otherwise.  I have within my heart a personal dictionary that has been corrupted by the world in which I live, the things I’ve experienced.  When I am worried, when I am afraid, when I feel I can never do anything that will matter it is obvious which dictionary I am reading.

God, I want my heart to reflect what I know to be true.  I don’t just want to quote the verses, sing the songs, I want their truths to be foundational in my heart.  I want so to trust you with my life, with all my fears, with all my past failures and hurts.  My dictionary says that if you trust someone, if you let them in to your inner soul, if you let them see your true heart, they will betray you.  Change my definition of trustworthy.  Help your definition of trust become real to me as I live my daily life.  The news reminds me we live in a fallen world full of evil, wars, crime and pain.  I want to trust that someone greater, stronger, and wiser than I is in control.  I want my heart to reflect who I am because of your love.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5795 (20110117) __________

http://www.eset.com