I am very proud of you Yanks for reasoning with Nderry in the quiet after
the storm. I was a bit disappointed in Nderry even though I understood he
was  defending Falai because of their common tribal affinity and because Falai
is a  regular commentator on Freedomnewsradio. I do not fault Nderry for
that support  of Falai based on those notions. However, I was expecting Ndokeh
to consider  that even though Falai is a regular contributor, I am also a
regular listener.  If, as a proprietor of a journal or radio, you insense
some of your listening  audience by your regard for a regular commentator, you
are, unawares, dwindling  the need for the commentator. As far as the tribal
affinity goes, that's a dime  a dozen. I will however share with Ndokeh, as
a rider to your amicus Yanks, that  even if Ndokeh thinks Mandingos are
tribalist, he Ndokeh is the least situated  to be tribalist as counterpoise to
any Mandingo tribalism, real or imagined,  simply because he is a proprietor
of a news and entertainment medium and he  professes to desire circulation
and readership. Ndokeh must understand that he  occupies a special place in
the Gambian community. It should be unfortunate to  tear down what he spent
several years and many sweaty nights to build.

I have known him to be passionate and to jealously guard his sacrosanct
right to free speech. I will encourage Nderry to consider the delicate
balancing  act of those rights with his rights as a sole proprietor of a news and
entertainment outlet. Courts wrestle with this balancing act all the time.
It is  because they are the penultimate reserve of communion and harmony for
the  world's peoples. Falai knows exactly what he did and he knows he is in
the  wrong. It is now very difficult to carry out surreptitious and proxy
wars. The  Mandingos and the Fulas are like the chicken and egg story. I don't
believe one  can be useful without the other. Let us focus on the crimes of
persons and not  their tribal, religious, or professional affinities.
Political parties belong to  their founders and members. The rest of us can
either choose to vote for them or  not vote for them. Our vote is not currency
for ownership shares in any party.  So please dispense with the notion: UDP
belongs to all Gambians, PDOIS belongs  to all Gambians, NRP belongs to all
Gambians, GPDP belongs to all Gambians, GMC  belongs to all Gambians, or PPP
belongs to all Gambians. THEY DON'T. All of  these parties would love to earn
all our votes but they know who owns their  parties. And why would anyone
want to own a political  party???????????????????????????? My vote is far
more valuable than an ownership  stake in a political party. When I want an
ownership interest in any political  party, I know how to purchase that
ownership....By registration, blood,  sweat, tears, and the attendant joys, just
like the vrai owners of the  parties expend. I remembered Ndokeh shared a
well-worn quote...Hamga Lui hew  Gambia, Hanga lui hew Gambia, ALhaji doggu mala
deh, wai Hanga lui hew Gambia,  Monkey eat, baboon chop, wow monkey work
baboon chop. I almost died laughing. I  want Ndokeh to reflect on this his
quote. I also remind him that it was one of  the quotes Yahya shared in his
first few days as Junta leader when there was a  tussle as to who would be
leader of the spoils of the coup. In the shallow films  of that quote lie shares
of ownership.

I am long. Thank you Yanks for affording me this opportunity to confer with
 my Ndokeh. I understand he may have been pleased with me lately. I was
also at  pains to chide him directly hoping he would reflect. I am reminded of
Brutus'  soliloquy in the small hours of the morn ahead of Caesar's
assassination.

Haruna.

In a message dated 1/27/2011 6:29:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,