Hi all,
Oh my goodness, so much to type to you all tonight.
But we're family on this list, so, we can help each other and rejoice with each other as well!
I mentioned in the subject about listening to the radio on your computer in style, well, here's how you do it!
1.  First, let's start with a good speaker system, and really folks, this is just 1 speaker, but when you hear it, you'll love it, and you'll be glad ya bought it.  I'm talking about the acoostic air 826.  This is some kind of awesome speaker!  The base is nice, not too basey!  It just sounds great for sure!!!
You can buy it at ABC warehouse, or, other electronic stores!
It has a transmitter that you plug into the computer.
Now, let's focus on what else you need.  Secondly, get yourself a keyboard, one like the logitek is a very nice one.  It plugs into your computers USB port, and on the other end you place this little receiver into the end of that cord.  The keyboard runs on 2 batteries, double A!  I'm laying here on my bed right now, typing to you all, right now, on this little beauty!  And folks, it's signal  will go through walls, because of the  receiver on the end of the cord that's not plugged into USB.  My computer is in the livingroom and I'm in the gbedroom, just me and the keyboard and that speaker!
Now, you're all set to listen to the radio!!!
Now, that we have the speaker, and the keyboard, that you can take with you anywhere in your home/apartment, we'll talk about making your computer just like a radio, ya ready?  here goes.
3.  putting radio stations in your favorites!  That's right folks, you can do that, you really can!!  I didn't think it was possible, but I took a risk, and found out it was possible.
So, let's try 2 stations, shal we?
1st, go to the bill sparks web site
http://www.billsparks.org
Now when the page loads, click on search.
Then, when that page loads, you want to hit the letter c for combo box, (using jaws here), but you probably have commands like that in Window eyes and system access, and NVDA!
Now you'll have different combo boxes, so, let's go to the one that says by city, (I think it's the third combo box down).
Now, you turn forms mode on if you're a jaws user, or, you just down arrow through the combo box if you're a system access user, or, there is always first letter navigation.
Now, when you find the city you want to search for stations in, tab down to the go button and press enter.
Now, when the web page loads, you'll see how many results for that city came up.  It should say something like "your search returned .... results".
So, now let's down arrow till you find the first radio station, but don't click on it when you find the link for it.
It will say for example, I'll make one up.  It would say for example "wjr listen live"
So, now, how do you save a station you're currently on the link to?
Instead of hitting enter on the listen live link, just right click, (jaws users if you're a laptop user like I am, it's capslock and the 9 key, I'm not sure what it is on a desktop keyboard.
So, now that you've right clicked on the link to the radio station, press the letter f, or, just down arrow to send to favorites.  Now, press enter.
Now it should say the call letters of the radio station and the words listen live, so, for example, "wjr radio listen live."
So, now, you just tab down to add and press enter.
Now, you have a radio station in your favorites.
Now, go ahead and find another radio station, and try it yourself.  If you get confused, just come back to this email.
I've got 3 stations in my favorites now, and the cool thing is folks, you can go back and forth between stations this way, very fast, just like a radio!
enjoy,
Harry

Leave list: [log in to unmask]

VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html

Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]