I am writing in the hope of discovering some help in a research project being conducted by the distinguished psychoanalyst, R. D. Hinshelwood, author of many admirable writings. He was the founder and editor of significant periodicals: The British Journal of Psychotherapy, The International Journal of Therapeutic Communities and Psychoanalysis and History , as well as the essential reference work, A Dictionary of Kleinian Thought and a number of other  books.
He writes:
        I'm editing a book, which is provisionally called Bion's Sources, and have various people writing on what Bion drew his inspiration from.  Not just Freud and Klein but various philosophers Bion is known to have been influenced by, notably Kant.
    However we are looking for someone who has a knowledge of the philosophy of science and/or mathematical theory
        Bion was clearly quite influenced by Richard Braithwaite's philosophical work on science (though he also does reference Popper).  Regarding mathematics we know he read Russell and Frege.
        So we are looking for someone with a knowledge of those branches of philosophy, and who has an interest in Bion's work in the late 1950s to 1970.
       If anyone is interested, or who knows someone who might  be worth approaching, do contact me, Bob Hinshelwood (
[log in to unmask]); I shall be very grateful to you.

Thanks, Bob Young
PS Please forward this message to other potentially relevant people and forums