“Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.” (Isa 6:2 AV)

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Grant E. Metcalf
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: Angels

Phil ask: "Why do some of God's angels have wings?"

They don't!  You cannot show me one Scripture where "angels" are described as having wings. I suppose they could assume the form of a creature like a bird which would have wings.

Now then, Cherubs and seraphs are described as having wings in Isaiah and other places. However, they are not properly called angels. All three groups are "spirit beings". Further, angels do take on the form or appearance of men in Scripture, see Genesis 18 for one example.

An angel, (greek angelos), is a messenger. In Revelation 2 and 3 the angels or messengers to the churches are the Pastors, the ones responsible for delivering the various messages from the Lord Jesus Christ to the members of their local assemblies.

Listening for His shout!

Grant

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5627 (20101117) __________

http://www.eset.com