I believe it means that God must be first in a person's life and that family members can not be between a person and his walk with the Lord.

earlier, sharon gill, wrote:
Hi everyone. (smile)  Pat Ferguson and I were discussing the Bible last night, and I was telling her about a verse I read in Luke, Chapter 14, Verse 25.  In that verse, Jesus says, "Anyone who does not hate their father and mother, wife and children, sisters and brother .... cannot be my disciples."  Phil or anyone else, could you shed some light on what this verse means?  Thanks, and God bless you all! (smile)

Sharon G.

=======
http://www.pctools.com
=======

John
Currently in Ocala, Florida Clear, 75°F Wind:NNW-340° at 9mph
Neurotics build castles in the air. Psychotics live in them, and Psychiatrists charge them rent.
Created by Weather Signature v1.31 • http://www.weathersig.com