HI all,
I'm using a gateway nx100 laptop, running windows xp pro, and jaws 10.
I had an inquiry by a friend of myne locally, who is on this list about how to export your favorites, using IE 8, so, I'll give this to everybody, since it is a bit different than it is in IE7.
To save your favorites to any drive such as thumb drive, floppy drive, an SD card, or any external hard drive:
step 1.  launch IE 8
step 2.  now, press the alt key
step 3.  down arrow to import and export and press enter
step 4.  down arrow 1 time till it says export to a file radio button checked.
step 5.  tab down to next button and press spacebar
step 6.  It will say favorites checkbox not checked, so, press spacebar to check it.
step 7.  then, tab down to next greater button and press spacebar
step 8.  It will say tree 1 tree view, favorites open.  So, tab down to next greater button and press spacebar
step 9.  now, tab till it says browse, and press spacebar.
step 10.  Now, you'll be where the file name is, and it probably will say bookmark.htm.  You can leave that name, or, change it.  If you want to change it to another name, use your right and left arrow keys, and put the curser on the period in the .htm part of the file, as in .htm.  Now, backspace out the word bookmark, which is in the name of the file, leaving the .htm part.
step 11.  Now, press the home key, and you will be at the beginning of the line, where you can now type the name of the file you want to give, for example, I typed in Harry's favorites.
step 12.  Now, tab down to save in
step 13.  now, the default is the my documents folder.  However, in this example, we want to save it to another drive, and for me, that's my thumb drive, also called a flash drive.  So, I'm going to down arrow to that drive.
step 14.  now, we want to tab down 3 times and you should hear the computer say folder view list view, not selected, and it will say the name of a folder, or, it might say 0 items, because you have no folders created on the drive, which is fine.  However, I do have one called Harry's files.  That's where I want to save it to.  So, I'm gonna down arrow to that folder name.
step 15.  Now, the next step is for everybody weather you want to save the favorites to a folder on a drive or not, so, we're gonna tab down to save button and press the letter s.
step 16.  Now, I'm gonna tab down to save in, and it should say either the folder name on your drive, or, if you have no folder, it will probably just say the letter of the drive, or it will say 0 items.
step 17.  Now, we're gonna press shift and tab together up till it says save button and press spacebar.
step 18.  Now, we're gonna tab down to export button and press spacebar.
step 19.  Now, if it tells you the file already exists, and asks if you want to replace it, just use your down and up arrow keys to find yes button, and press spacebar.  If it doesn't say that, than that's fine, too.
step 20.  Now, it will say next button, but just ignore that, because immediately, it will say finnish button, and you then press spacebar, and you have just exported your favorites to another drive!
Harry

Leave list: [log in to unmask]

VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html

Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]