Great piece of writing!!!  Hope your audience grows and grows.

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:45:18 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WORT Panafrica: African Jazz special
To: [log in to unmask]

FYI

This saturday on Panafrica (WORT 89.9 FM) we continue exploring & celebrating the African muscal legacy with an African Jazz special featuring music from across Africa. Jazz music with its blue notes, improvisations and polyrythms dates back to west african slaves and developed as a genre by African Americans in the south. A new African Jazz emerges in the confluence of African-American jazz and various African traditional musical styles, which spices up the genre and makes it irresistible. From the indestructible township beats of south africa, rumba/soukous in congo, kora in mali, highlife and juju music in Ghana/Nigeria, to the sweet beats of bembeya jazz, orchestra baobab, and super rail band of Guine, Senegal and Mali. We'll bring you your favourite tunes from the '50s to present.

For those outside Madison area, you can listen to us online live at http://www.wort-fm.org/listen.php or if you miss the show through the archives at http://archive.wort-fm.org/ and use itunes or win media to play.  Our line up guest african artist is on the rise and stay tune every saturdays 2-4 pm central time

Cheers,

Alhaji