From: Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Khadu Gi on the UDP and PDOIS and NADD / Owens
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, 21 August, 2010, 0:38

Owens,

Your counsel well taken and your reasons for French leaves appreciated.

Might I urge you to consider that if you don't perceive value-conversation from other, it is incumbent upon you to initiate it. Therefore the profuse peddling of gaucherie is all the more reason we need you. Pintucks and pannafore only thrive in the acute absence of sobriety. The reason why folk dwell on inutile and viral chatter is because they are not capable of coming up with newer ideas for progress. And they have a right to chatter.

Speaking for myself, I only support an alliance of opposition parties led by the party with the largest support among them when it comes to political parties. I will be quick to add that an alloyed opposition (whether we get it or not) will not be enough to rid ourselves of Yahya. It will be a welcome step and perhaps an accelerant but by no means the silver bullet. Therefore, the citizens must not feign themselves captive to opposition loggerheads or structural disunities. The opposition does not have to conclude any such agreement in order for them to engage in common campaigns in matters of illegalities and constitutional breaches. Those affect them all whether as separate entities or alloyed in some manner or fashion.

If they should decide on a party-led alliance, a legal instrument should complete the alliance. Each party must be left to decide for itself. A new regime of bilateral talks between the major party and each of the aspirants to the alliance should ensue in private or in public. Outside of that political campaign, the citizens must organise themselves into unions, either one or several according to uniquenesses. The citizens are best situated to fight corruption, state criminality, constitutional abrogations, etcetera. The opposition can only promise. And if you should believe their promises, you will still have to closely monitor them so they keep their promises. The best way you can do that is if you empower yourself to be able to affect the ware of your life if their promises notwithstanding, you find yourself with a delinquent government.

I am sorry I do not place more emphasis on governments. That is because by their very nature, they tend to be reactionary. I place my bet with groups of individual concerned citizens.

We should leave the parties to figure out their life matters. The good thing about partisans is that they still need to augment their rolls.
We should focus on how we can bring value to our country and our fellow citizen. And when its time to vote, vote your conscience. But before and after elections, we have enormous wrongs of Yahya to right.

There are a few things that will remain the same Yahya or no Yahya. The citizens' fight is therefore more comprehensive and pro-active.

Owens, you avoided the important parts of my notes to you. I ain't mad at you though. Here's a fresh appeal: If possible for you at this time, may I solicit your company in our fundraising to retire Pa Modou Bojang's legal debt? If it is not possible at this time, I pray for your continued health and strength so that you may accompany us in our later funding campaigns.

You're just like Olfactor. You totally lead me astray with promises of gold and honey at the cul-de-sac. Owens you exhibit traits of a PDOISard if ever so demurely. I love you men.

I do not observe Ramadan. Thank you for the courtesy nonetheless.

Easy men.
Haruna.