**

* *

   *Unity for Peace Progress and Prosperity*

*Liberty** and Dignity for The Gambia               *
*
                     *

*            ***

*                              AFRICAN DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS*

*                                     (FREEDOM AND JUSTICE)*
*                           **ROUND THE PEOPLE ROUND THE COUNTRY*

*                                         BANJUL THE GAMBIA
*

*
E-mail:[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

*
E-mail:[log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]>
** *

*Rejoinder Part 2*

*               Rights of a bleeding Nation*

*10,000 and 50 causes why fight for Jammeh’s removal to construct a new,
free, proud and democratic Gambia with the rule of law and administrative
justice:*

* *

*Questioning the Rights,Legality and Justification of the 22 July Revolution
*

* *

*W**e are calling for a radical positive and qualitative change now in the
Gambia to end the evil oppression of Gambians.*

*(Let us not wait until it is too late to start digging a well when our
house is already on fire burning)*

*            **It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness*

*                                     ***

*It is high time that we identify corruption as an evil which had to be
fought with ecclesiastic zeal if we are to succeed to turn our backward
country to a progressive one. *

*Let every political leader in the Gambia know that we must have a deep
sense of mission to establish in the future a clean and effective
government. We must acknowledge with bravery and truth that our oppressed
and exploited masses are sickened by the greed, corruption and decadence of
our heartless leaders turned drug dealers and money launderers. Like
President Yaya Jammeh who called himself a freedom fighter for of our dear
oppressed people and has become a plunderer of Gambian wealth. With
President Yaya Jammeh our society is daily sliding backwards.*

*Let me remind His Excellency President Yaya Jammeh if he has forgotten his
own words of fighting injustice to begin giving special attention to the
areas where discretionary powers had been exploited for his personal gain
and sharpen the instruments that could prevent, detect, or deter such evil
practices.*

*If the leadership and superiors do not set good examples in nation building
they will expect only failure.*

*Political corruption has taken the centre stage of our national life.
Nobody dare ask President Jammeh and his accomplices the sources of the
money they throw around with reckless and careless abandon reminiscent of
the way a devoted and delighted parent throws candies around at a children’s
party.*

*At this time in our national life when facts and figures indicate that
corruption is engulfing every aspect of national life, drug dealing is the
order of the day President Jammeh’s regime can afford to use scares state
resources to buy fleets of very expensive porch cars and valuable productive
man hours to annually commemorate an inferno 22nd July military coup,
festivities in Kanilai, circumcision festivities for our African brothers in
the Diaspora especially our black American brothers who should have come to
advise us seen their vast experience and high education they received how to
go about in nation and democratic building which ignited the disaster
currently facing us and has negatively changed the political landscape of
the country for worse.*

*The combination of failed leadership ruling over docile citizenry has
produced a corrupt, undisciplined ‘’No Action Talk only’’ society where
laziness, hypocrisy, mediocrity, indiscipline, frivolity and mental slavery
have taken deep roots in everything around us.*

*It is very sad and unfortunate that the people’s confidence is at the best
epileptic.*

*With much pain and regret we have become a nation with 100% tolerance for
criminality and state sponsored terrorism, drug dealings, corruption,
indiscipline, lawlessness, mediocrity and complacency. The brutal and
corrupt leadership we have and those quislings and traitors in positions of
trust have adopted thick skins and a certain negative mental attitude.*

*The resort to fear by the evil system of power put in place by President
Yaya Jammeh to discipline the domestic Gambian population because of her
refusal to swallow the nonsense meted out to them is leaving a long and
terrible trail of bloodshed and suffering, which we ignore at our peril.*

*‘’ Let the people have their say and we shall continue in our unjust and
corrupt ways because all the talking is likely to die down sooner or later
as usual’’. Laws do not work as constituted authorities either turn blind
eyes to transgressions of the laws or in the most likely alternate take
money in form of bribes from transgressors of the law and set them free to
continue over affairs it is supposed to preside over.*

*It is a well known fact and reality that the leadership in the Gambia hides
its incompetence in governance on the guise of not offending the voters in
future elections. Hence the catastrophic failures of populist actions like
the street decongestion and back to the farm land where Gambians of all
works of life are exploited beyond reasoning. The government allows itself
to be caught by that infectious bug. We always see an appointee of the
government embark on a project only to be stopped in his track by higher
authority on the direct orders of the President.*

*There is no coordination in governmental activities and thoughts. One step
forward, two steps backwards. The result is complete disaster and chaos.
‘’They (our leaders) only succeed in destroying the system by sending out
conflicting and uncoordinated instructions’’*

*Good governance, excellent leadership and quality performance are some of
the essential criteria which ensure that a government in power shall be
returned to power. However, because the governments we have in Africa
especially the case with the Gambia have had always proved to be
non-performing and they always rely on corruption, vote rigging, violence,
state sponsored terrorism, political subterfuge and chicanery to retain
power.*

*The backward leadership always fails to take the hard decisions which can
take the country out of the doldrums for fear of losing votes during
elections. This is despite the fact that a lot of the times they always have
Plan B to rig the elections in their favour no matter the outcome of the
elections and the will of the people.*

*In the Gambia unfortunately we have another aspect of the leadership we
have given to ourselves. The leadership always behaves like Nero, playing
his harp while the nation burns. The result has been a complete disaster. It
is in this state of despondency that our leaders display affluence. In the
blare of sirens they run rough shod over pot holed streets at neck breaking
speeds in cars which are in the same class as those used by the leaders of
the affluent western societies with low level of corruption and high
percentage of prosperity.*

*It is in this state of depression that our leaders fly out unceasingly in
first class cabins and spend countless times in five stars hotels all in the
pretence of searching for solutions to our problems from our colonial
masters. These colonial masters are the same people we voluntarily threw out
on our own volition with the self acclaimed aggrandizement that the black
man is capable of managing his own affairs.*

*President Yaya Jammeh always leads large entourages to foreign visits to be
followed by more visits by their political appointees and relatives.
Obviously, from the outcomes of those numerous visits, it is plain sailing
that the visits were a complete waste of national resources.*

*Ministers of state and their large entourage continuously fly out of the
country visiting foreign lands with no known benefit to the state.
Parliamentarians see foreign trips as avenues to supplement their salaries
and hence seize every opportunity to fly out in committees.*

*At least, from these numerous visits, there should have been geometrical
improvement in our tourism industry assuming that the travelers were simply
acting as tourists in those foreign lands ready to learn a thing or two. *

*Interestingly our public servants survey the internet looking for
advertised foreign conferences, seminars, workshops and courses all of which
are of no value to them and the nation and board the next available plane to
fly out.  At times they bring back worthless certificates while others cut
short their trips and fly back home to save on per diem which is kept for
personal use rather than refunding it to the sponsoring organizations.*

*As an example of the frivolous use of state funds resulting in financial
loss to the state, President Jammeh send different delegations to foreign
countries for his own business transactions and trusted relatives to deposit
funds in his own foreign accounts. Today President Jammeh is a potential
investor in foreign countries making huge profits from his investments from
funds stolen from state coffers. It is very shameful to know that our dear
President demands commissions from both local and foreign companies that
come to invest in the Gambia to help develop the country and sometimes he
demands shares as his commissions before any foreign company will be allowed
to establish itself in the Gambia. *

*One painfully laments with regret the cost to the country of all foreign
travels by politicians and public servants. I do not have any doubt in my
mind that the air fares, the hotel accommodations, the conferences and
course fees and the per diem in total should be enough to reconstruct our
badly damaged high way roads from Banjul to the various capitals of each
division especially to Basse.*

*Yet we have become slaves to the World Bank and other donor agencies who
dictate the type of Spartan life we should lead (including shutting public
service employment) simply because we do not have the intellect and mental
discipline to manage ourselves and have to rely on the donor agencies to
balance our budget.*

*We Africans have borrowed from European and American nations without paying
back or been able to pay back due to high corruption and this gives power to
our lenders to come and control our economies and even monitor our
elections.*

*Clearly Africa has lost out and stands the danger of becoming a failed
continent due to corrupt, arrogant, incompetent, and greedy indiscipline
leadership this is why Africa can never unite with such leaders. Fellow
Gambians we should stay very firmly glued together to the fight for a better
Gambia agenda of investing in our dear people.*

*                            Fellow Gambians we have to modernize our
thinking.*

*It is natural that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their
minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives. We should know that we
are today where our thoughts have brought us; and we will be tomorrow where
our thoughts will take us meaning that we are what we think.*

*Our message should not be in the noise we make.*

*We are fighting for unlimited Freedom and Justice.*

*FREEDOM**:*

*Freedom is control of self. The essence of your "self" is your mind, soul,
and spirit. We all are always free to change our thoughts, improve our
knowledge and understanding, and change our attitudes and beliefs-the inner
part of each of us.*

*We are fighting for Justice to live a dignified life*

*JUSTICE**:*

*Justice concerns the proper ordering of things and persons within a
society. . Distributive justice is concerned with the proper allocation of
good things - wealth, power, reward, respect - between different people and
classes.*

*Freedom and its qualities.*

*1: It is the quality or state of being free: as (a): the absence of
necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action (b): liberation from
slavery or restraint or from the power of another : INDEPENDENCE (c): the
quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous
freedom from care (d) : EASE, FACILITY speak the language with freedom (e)
:armed with the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken answer always
with freedom (f) :bravely reject improper familiarity (g) : boldness of
conception or execution (h) : unrestricted use gave him/her the freedom of
their home.*

*2 (a): a political right (b): FRANCHISE, PRIVILEGE synonyms FREEDOM,
LIBERTY, and LICENSE meaning the power or condition of acting without
compulsion. FREEDOM has a broad range of application from total absence of
restraint to merely a sense of not being unduly hampered or frustrated
<freedom of the press>. LIBERTY suggests release from former restraint or
compulsion. LICENSE implies freedom specially granted or conceded and may
connote an abuse of freedom <freedom without responsibility may degenerate
into license>.*

*Freedom (political)*

*Political freedom is the absence of interference with the sovereignty of an
individual by the use of coercion or aggression. The members of a free
society would have full dominion over their public and private lives. These
are what we Gambians are fighting for. *

*           NO SURRENDER NO RETREAT –FORWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER*

*   Any evil power hired to destroy our destiny will die by the same evil
fire of destruction.*

* *

* *

*KOUKOIE SAMBA SANYANG*