[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
In a message dated 7/20/2010 4:46:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
As I remember, the spacing of the handrails certainly didn't meet current code standards, and may or may not have met the code at the time of construction.
As it happens, there are no handrails from the $2200.00, 110-mph-railroad-tie-into-the-glass, hurricane-proof, code-required door down to the poison ivy encrusted laundry drying yard.

Open and shut case.    c
c,

At this point my suggestion is that you make the risers 48"
and install a strong rope from the branch of a nearby tree.

][<

--

To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html