Hi all,
Well, until now, we, the blind, haven't been able to read ebooks, which is rapidly becoming the replacement to ink and paper books.
However, thanks to Kurzweil, and the nfb, we have something that will let the blind read ebooks, so, we will finally be able to read the same books that everybody else is reading, and not have to wait a year or more for NLS to do it.  Now this, is finally, equal access!
It will first be software for computers, then, on the iPhone, then, on all other cell phone platforms.  You can  read about it at
http://www.accessibleworld.org/content-7
Then, while you're on that page, below the description of the presentation, you'll see a download file link where you can download it.  If you want to see the actual Blio web site and get subscribed to keep up with the latest info on blio, go to
http://www.blioreader.com/
Harry

Leave list: [log in to unmask]

VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html

Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]