I tried Thunderbird on the new computer but after import problems and pressed on with Live Mail.

Took me awhile but I finally got my old mail imported.  and a "version"
of the address book.  The old e-mail folders are fine but strangely some of the names were lost in the
address book although the e-mail addresses all were imported.  I'm
going through and editing the names - tedious task.

 I'm not happy with two features of the Live Mail screen.  On the left column
each e-mail account is listed separately with sent, inbox, draft and
delete folders.   An option can be set to show all the inbox mail in
the main screen, but so far I've had to go through each account to
dump deleted mail. This may be something I'm missing in the setup but
 it's definitely a nuisance.

Second thing I don't like is the split screen with the e-mail
appearing in the lower screen as soon as you click on it.  I prefer to
delete mail without opening it.

Bob Warasila

                       http://freepctech.com/rode