From: bailo jallow <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, Dec 14, 2009 5:47 pm
Subject: Re: UDP rally postponed in consideration of imminent ruling on the Femi Peters Persecution.

"It is definitely not a defeat to be denied one's right. It is an injustice which all of us should denounce and i wish to add my voice to that of all Gambians and non gambians who condemn the injustice being perpetrated against the UDP. It undermines the possibility of having  free and fair elections in the Gambia." (Modou Nyang)

Modou,

I wish to associate myself with your revised position on this matter. I also congragulate you for the courage you have shown in acknowledging the reality of the situation as you subsequently gathered from the Foroyaa report.

The following is part of an opinion that i expressed on this issue at the Gambia Post.

Only a united stance by the opposition could put an end to the abuse of the current regime's awareness that the average Gambian yearns for peace more than anything else. They have to fight the struggle together rather than in isolation.

Under the current circumstance, UDP acted wisely until the fate of Femi Peters is decided by the courts. Had they gone ahead with the rally only those who turned up at the rally would have paid the price involving deaths and maiming. Why?

Together as one, the Prof would have to either give in or run away.

Bailo