WASSA I DISAGREE WITH YOU ON DARBOE. HE RAN AWAY BEFORE AND HE WILL BE A WINNING MACHINE FOR JAMMEH

Muhammad Bai Drammeh Bin Alhagie Sheihu Muhammad Lamin Drammeh Bin Muhammad Kanday Drammeh bin Muhammad Kissima Drammeh bin Foday Drammeh

--- On Sun, 6/12/09, Wassa Fatti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Wassa Fatti <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: [>-<] What next UDP
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, 6 December, 2009, 19:31

Saiks,
Very timely piece of thought on the opposition in the Gambia. The mistake within NADD is clear to all now. It would have been better for the purpose of strategy, to allow Darboe to take over as flag bearer of NADD without any fuss, to face the APRC. I can not see how Darboe with the biggest opposition party in the country was expected to surrender that capital to any smaller party within NADD. Secondly, for tactical reasons, Darboe was in a better position to capture rural support than any one Within NADD to dislodge the APRC from power. So for me the arguments among the parties that formed NADD about a flag bearer was not necessary so far as NADD was formed to struggle for social justice Gambians have been deprieved for long time. After the APRC, the next step for the parties is another matter to be dealt with. Whatever the end result, it is to allow the growth of the democratic system.

Yes, you are right that time, resources and individual sacrifices were made, specifically for those in the diaspora. My biggest concern is how this disappointment could translate into the disillusion of the electorate back home. NADD raised their hopes and dashed it out within the same moment. The next thing for the electorate is to not bother to vote. That benefits the APRC and a disaster for any one who cares about justice. What the parties need to do now is to rally in defence of Femi Peters and challenge the unlawful chages against him. This is one case that can rejuvnate mass support for the parties which will enbolden them to defy the regime openly in organising mass rallies for campaigns, since the regime is doing the same thing with National TV and radio. Defiance is the next step to show this chap that the myth around him is over. Yaya need to be tested to see whehter he can kill or imprison the whole the country.For the parties to remain silent and weak in the midst of these social, economic and political disaster in our country will allow only two things to deal with the situation:

1) The first one is that the deepening crisis could end up producing the calibre of Charles Taylor and the dissatisfied masses will follow him. The types of Charles Taylor can only emerge in a situation where the opposition is weakened and the will of the people so suppressed that the will to struggle is overtaken by the will for survival, and the suppressed people waiting for an opportunist to free them.

2) The second thing is that internal brutalities of the regime can lead to an unrest that the regime itself can not control. An unrest that has no regard for the inept opostion and lacks a proper leadership to give it a direction. In such situations, anarchism will replace genuine leadership and will threaten the stability of Senegal. Anyone can guest what that will lead to and I will leave that aside for the time being.

It is the duty of the oppostion parties now to organise and prepare to deal with the national problem we have in hand now before it becomes a bigger one that they may even lead to thier own demise.

Good work.
Wassa.