From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, 17 November 2009 1:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] half hitched and fully naked

OK, this is turning into the sweat lodge support group. My own experience took place in a lodge in Pennsylvania on property owned by Vision Quest, an organization for which my brother was a leader. The chiefs of this org had all spent some serious time with NA tribes out west - brother had participated (by invitation only, thank you) twice in the Sun dance, complete with all the accoutrement - hooks etc.

I personally relate more to the Leni Lenape tribe of south Joisey, possibly the only tribe of gay NAs, but certainly not testosterone-laden mastadon hunters. Asparagus farmers, I think they were. Nevertheless, the same-sex process took place in a buffalo skin-covered lodge, and no fewer than six times during the ceremony, I thought, "this is most assuredly the end of Twybil", certain that with every hot rock thrown on the pile or gourd of water turned to searing steam, my heart was going to explode. When, thanks to the Great Spirit, the interior ordeal was finished, I followed the herd and threw myself, naked, in the snow outside, in the dark.

Who came up with this idea?

Dances with Nutcases

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html