From: Alhaji Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am
Subject: Re: Mino and Karim, I am troubled by these statements from Interim President Dadis

Haruna,

I agree. The statements alluded to Mr Camara are indeed very troubling. For the
sake of
the people of Guinea, I wanted and rooted for Mr Camara to be a soldier with
difference.
But from the moment he started parading soldiers that fell afoul of military
protocol, I
started worrying more and more. I still hope he will disappoint me and not
contest the
elections at this time. But with the many sycophants running around telling him
he is a
saviour, like many before him, he may end up believing the hype and morph into
another
Aids curer. I bet Mr Camara is also being told, on a daily basis, how he has
saved the
people of Guinea; that without him, Guinea would have ended up like neighbors
Sier
raleone and Liberia. This greatness is drummed up so much so that it becomes

believable. In the case of Yaya, he believes so much in his hyped greatness but
just could
not get the wider world to get on board. And so to get international attention,
he conjures
up this idea of being able to cure Aids and the ability to communicate with
other beings
outside of us.

I hope and pray, for the sake of the people Guinea, that Mr. Camara's head does
not get
swollen to the point that he becomes another Yaya. I saw some remarks of his
earlier in
a Reuters article and it made me cringe a bit. But these here are indeed
troubling to say
the least.

Saidy

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface

いいいいいいいいいい=E
3いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html