Aunty Jabou,
              Just imagine; PDOIS supposedly has no strong following, but has managed  to be in the public consciousness and the political debate for more than two decades. And there are no signs that this enthusiasm and commitment will abate soon. One of the reasons why this has been the case, is the fact that first and foremost, PDOIS has a political argument to make; and secondly, it has been able to articulate that argument clearly and conceptually.

              If we move away from personalities, and the individual who make most of the arguments on behalf  of PDOIS, Halifa Sallah, and look at PDOIS from the standpoint of its political, social, cultural and economic positions,  we will then begin to appreciate the huge contributions in our national political debate that the party has been able to make, in the  quest for a political alternative or solution from the first republic to the second republic.

             The first thing that everyone should note is that PDOIS has an agenda. It has its aims and objectives. It has principles that guide the conduct and affairs of its members and activities. It has an agenda based on programs that it would implement whenever it succeeds to take over the reigns of government. It has a programs based agenda.

            PDOIS's agenda, aims and objectives, and the principles that guide the conduct of its members and activities, have been stipulated variously in their myriad of publications over the years. It is my hope that those who want to state  a different position will take issue with their agenda; or their aims and objectives and in so doing, give impetus to the evolution of a political thought process that can help to shape the discourse on politics. This will also make the awakening of our political consciousness more appreciable.

           I cannot wait to learn more from the different postulations; different ideas and conceptions. This is the kind of political discourse I am yearning for.

            Rene