From: yanks dabo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Statement By Halifa Sallah
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 4:00 PM

ML Touray

Don't try to patronise me and don't give me lectures about what is morally acceptable to you.

Less you forget, your allegations that Ousainou is in hiding are morally unacceptable to me.
Simply, because they are not true and you know very well that they are not true, but had
the audacity to keep repeating them here.

Where i come from lies are not acceptable and not civil. So if you seek a deal on civility, then
i suggest you stop the lies and start talking about the truth.

You further contradicts yourself on the point that you claimed not to be calling for a rebelion,
but yet you talk of the lawlessness in the Gambia. You then wondered how could Darboe be
obeying the rule of the law, when such don't exist. In another words, you proved me right that
you are indeed calling for a rebelion. You regard the situation as lawlessness which Darboe
should take the inititaives to make his own laws.

That makes me wonder whether you are calling for the elimination of Lawyer Darboe or that
of Yahya Jammeh?

Do you know why Halifa wrote a 4,000 words statement but never raised any of the issues you are
denouncing Ousainou for not stating. Simply because what you are calling, if i may choose my words carefully, is madness!

In fact you described Jammeh as a dictator, but failed to understand what is meant by the word.
It simply meants he dictates the law and what he says becomes the law. The job of the lawyer
in such situation is still to obey that law, simply because it is a command from the top or authority.
In jurisprudence, it's called Legal Positivism.

In addition, history has shown that dictators are not easily removed from within but from outside.
Take example of Sadam, Idi Amin, Hitler, etc.

For that reason, you're calling for Darboe's suicide than that of Jammeh's removal. Rebelion will fail!

You should further be informed that unlike the one man party of Halifa's NADD, the UDP has a party spokesperson, who gives the party's views on issues. Ousainou is the party's secretary general and
not its spokesperson. If you want to know the UDP's views on issues speak to Femi Peters. So you
see, you're even barking at the wrong tree!

Nemesis Yanks