               VISIT AFRICAN ASSOCIATION OF MADISON WEBSITE

                        http://www.africanassociation.org

                FOR LATEST INFORMATION ON AFRICA FEST 2009,

           MEMBERSHIP, COMMUNITY CALENDAR AND MUCH MORE....

Congratulations once again to all our graduates who were honored at last Friday evening's event.  It was a monumental occasion which exemplified the acumen of our African students and the supportive strength of our African community here in Madison.

Among the graduates, we celebrated an unprecedented group of 4 (count it again, four women) medical doctors all from Nigeria from the UW-Madison medical school.  Again, congrats to all.

The occasion was also monumental in the fact that we raised an unprecedented amount of over $500 towards the AAM Scholarship fund.  The fund will disburse its premier scholarship this fall and high graduates honored last Friday will be eligible to apply.  More details will follow soon and you are invited to send in your contribution to the AAM Scholarship Fund anytime.

We thank our speaker Dr. Al Felice for an inspirational and stirring presentation.  We plan to share the audio/video of his speech at our AAM website [www.AfricanAssociation.org] in the near future.

Sincerest thanks to our Special Events Committee Chaired by Richard Yarl:  Members – Jennifer Kendagor, Edith Yarl, Austin Abodo and Lasisi Ibrahim for the splendid organization and selfless work.  We truly appreciate the efforts and thanks to all who attended to make the evening great.

 Again, congratulations and thank you all very much indeed.

"Celebrating our 2009 Graduates"

Friday, June 5, 2009
7:30 PM

Neighborhood House
29 South Mills Street
Madison, Wisconsin

Join your friends and neighbors to congratulate all our African graduates from high school through college, technical & community college, medical, law & other professional schools all the way to PhD level.

Keynote Speaker

Dr. Al “Trini” Felice

Educational Consultant
Disproportionality and Diversity Issues