From: Muhammed Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Back on Darboe's cowardice in 1996?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, 17 April, 2009, 10:08 AM

Please send this to the Gambia L on my behalf anonymous. Good Job.

Hi Mr. Drammeh,
Although I do not agree with all what you are claiming, I think knowing the caliber of dictatorship we have in hand we need courageous and brave opposition leaders if we genuinely want to wrestle our country back from these bandits.
 I think the situation in the Gambia could have a potency of a Zimbabwe scenario. I know with all the atrocities and criminal acts the Jammeh government unleashed on Gambians, with the many Gambian salivating to have their day of revenge against him, he will not want to hand over power willingly just because he lost election.
The fact that the UDP leader ran to seek refuge at the Senegalese Embassy in the 1996 elections, and in the following election he piqued Lamin Waa Juwara because he rushed to concede the election and congratulated President Jammeh before all the results were announced and without consulting with the UDP executive ( the UDP later claimed that the election was not free or fair) kind of portends a cowardly trait on the character of Mr. Darboe. This really infuriated Lamin waa Juwara who was the Propaganda Secretary of the UDP, accused Lawyer Darbo of being a coward saying that Darboe did not even wait to receive the feedback from the UDP polling agents.
Jammeh used the rushed congratulatory call to caricature Darbo on the national television.

In the heat of the 2001 election lawyer Darbo was quoted as saying at a rally that we were going to have widows and that the prisons should be extended as well. A old lady who claimed to be a UDP supporter went to one of the local media houses to caution Gambians not to listen to Mr. Darboe because he was inciting them into starting trouble and when push came to shove he was going to run again with his family to the American Embassy which is strategically located across his house and the widows and the imprisoned who will go the extended section of the prisons will come from the innocent Gambian families. The lady said people should understand what was in  Darboe's mind in living across the American embassy offices.
I know Darboe get a stellar qualification in his pocket, but with the situation now in the Gambia , we need that plus bravery. "Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once." Shakespeare. If 14 young school children can lay down their lives to send a message to Jammeh, what kind of message is Darboe sending to Jammeh. The students perceived of the danger because the government in the eve of the demonstration came out with a serious warning for any student who take part in the demonstration the next day. We went ahead with the demonstrations any way and even after the slaughter in April 10, student still came out to say no to injustice and leading to more deaths.
After Jammeh step down who ever come will encounter coup plots. So how can we be guaranteed that Darboe is not going to run over to Senegal at the rumor of every coup plot?
And the fact that Darboe also signed the Nadd memorandum and later refused to go by it is also disturbing as well.
Concern Gambian.

Muhammad Bai Drammeh Bin Alhagie Sheihu Muhammad Lamin Drammeh Bin Muhammad Kanday Drammeh bin Muhammad Kissima Drammeh bin Foday Drammeh