Members of all security agencies in the Gambia, I urge to to use your individual and collective proximity to the president to secure the release of Mr Halifa Sallah.

I understand that Halifa Sallah. The man I hold in high esteem was arrested a while ago and charged with crimes that Kukoi Samba Sanyang would never be charged with. I was surprised and disappointed because halifa Sallah has never organized or participated in any violent crime. President Jammeh can testified to this because he nominated Halifa for ministerial position in 1994, but Halifa declined. Secondly, i was jubilating along westfield on July 22nd 1994. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that things will go down this much

Furthermore, Halifa Sallah is a well known citizen who has no appetite for fleeing the country for any reason whatsoever. I believe that holding him is a big mistake. Personally, I would have resigned my post as a security agent if the order to place Halifa under arrest was to be made by me. Lets think about ways of defending the country against aggression and not destroying it by arresting the likes of Halifa, Pap Saine, O.J, Etc It simply makes no sense. PLEASE! PLEASE!!! I BEG ALL OF YOU!

 THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Pa pierre